Thread: M&P 2.0 compact .40 information needed please

M&P 2.0 compact .40 information needed please

I am the owner of 3 pistols. I have probably owned 20 Glocks in my lifetime. I have a Glock 19x and 48 and an M&P 2.0 compact in .40. I really like all 3 and they all have their uses for me. I previously looked into buying a conversion barrel (for the zombies) but the only drop in I could find was through Apex at over $200.(Apex only has a drop in 9mm threaded barrel measuring 4") If I buy 3 mags I'm looking at close to $300 and that feels like too much since I could just spend $400 and get a whole new 9mm. I have way more 9mm ammo than .40.

Looking on UTube I saw a video of a person who had a 2.0 compact .40 and he claims to have put a stock 4.25" 9mm barrel into his .40 and it was a simple drop in. Ebay has them for $90 and with 3 mags I could do the conversion for $200 which is what Apex would sell the threaded barrel for. I would be comfortable doing that but I not experienced in M&P pistols and am wondering if the 4.25 barrel is a solution. Thanks in advance.

Site Supporter
    I have a M&P 1.0 5 inch PRO 40 S&W that I have never fired a 40 round through - all firing has been with a STORMLAKE 40-9 5 inch conversion barrel (got a great deal on a PRO in 40). It was my primary competition pistol for years. Only modification was the 40-9 barrel and using 9mm S&W mags. I still have that pistol and recently bought a CORE 5 inch 40 slide for it and again using the STORMLAKE 40-9 barrel plus a SRO RDS.

Thanks Ranger. The issue I have is that no one makes a 40-9 conversion barrel for the 2.0 4” compact. To get a 4” barrel I need to spend $200 and get the Apex 4” 9mm threaded barrel. I’m hoping someone can tell me if a stock 4.25” 9mm barrel will work. UTube suggests it’s possible but I trust this forum’s advise more.

I've BTDT with other M&P's in 5" and 3.5". The stock barrels work just well enough to make you think it's a good idea. Failures to eject are common with the stock barrel in a 1.0 Compact. With the Apex 40>9 conversion, there were only two in several hundred rounds. As long as you're not planning to use the pistol for anything important, I'd say go for it.

With the 1.0’s in Full size, you could pretty much just drop in a factory 9 barrel into a 40 slide and you’re all set.

I’d try a factory barrel if you Can source one

As mentioned before, an M&P with a 40-9 caliber conversion isn’t reliable enough for realsies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Thanks I ought to be able to find one on Amazon or eBay. I saw where Apex made a 4" threaded 9mm barrel that was threaded and drop in and I couldn't see how it was any different than stock. Threaded barrels are illegal in places. Thanks. I'll try and find a factory barrel to try.

User Tag List