Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical PX4 10# Hammer Spring

Langdon Tactical PX4 10# Hammer Spring

The LTT 10# hammer spring in my PX4CC is so far, so freaking awesome. Picked it up from the mailbox last night and installed it. DA is around 6lbs and SA around 3lb. I’ll vise up the gun later to do a more accurate 10 pull average with the Lyman. I can definitely feel the difference from the 11#. I ran 50 rounds of STV 124 grain ball early this morning to function check. All ignited without a problem. 15 rounds DA and 15 SA. All primer indents on spent cases are strong, normal and don’t look like anything close to marginal. See below. I’m interested to see other’s feedback and experience. I’m damn appreciative for LTT’s continuous work on pushing the performance envelope with these pistols. I should have the LTT op trigger bar in hand on Friday. Yee-freakin-haw! I’m giddy.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

10 sample average with Lyman digital, pistol in bench vise:

DA = 6.18lbs
    SA = 2.74lbs

Stock factory PX4CC innards minus an LTT NP3 spurless hammer. I don’t have an LTT TJIAB installed or LTT trigger work.

Site Supporter
    Mine sat in ABQ for three business days according to the tracking. The first one will go into the DAO version, which has been to LTT for a trigger job. Really looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Mine sat in ABQ for three business days according to the tracking. The first one will go into the DAO version, which has been to LTT for a trigger job. Really looking forward to that.
    Looking forward to seeing your results especially since the pistol has had LTT action work. The TJIAB for my 92A1 was an absolutely amazing transformation. Next up, a PX4 TJIAB.

10# springs installed in both of my PX4s. PX4 full size and compact. Both have TJIAB.

DA is noticeably lighter than the 12# I had previously installed. No perceptible change in SA.

A hundred rounds of Fenix 147 through each with no issues.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    My springs finally got here. I installed one of them in my training PX4 and ran 50 rounds of S&B 115-grain FMJ and 50 of my handloads through it with no issues. The other two guns will have to wait until I have some more time to hit the range.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    10 sample average with Lyman digital, pistol in bench vise:

DA = 6.18lbs
    SA = 2.74lbs
    Hmmm, that SA pull is even lighter than what Jerry Miculek says he's comfortable carrying (somewhere in the 3-4 lb. range). I'm not sure now. I think I'll stick with an 11 lb. spring, but I am not criticizing because everyone is different. Personally I do just fine pulling an 8 lb. DA (PX4 Storm Compact) or even a 9-10 lb. pull (P229). I know Ernest says it's not the weight but the trigger travel that makes the DA safe, but I think personally weight has more to do with it than that (surely not on average, but in preparing for and mitigating the worst case scenario). Likewise, I am fine with a 4-5 lb. SA. That's just my opinion. At the end of the day I "know" nothing.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Hmmm, that SA pull is even lighter than what Jerry Miculek says he's comfortable carrying (somewhere in the 3-4 lb. range). I'm not sure now. I think I'll stick with an 11 lb. spring, but I am not criticizing because everyone is different. Personally I do just fine pulling an 8 lb. DA (PX4 Storm Compact) or even a 9-10 lb. pull (P229). I know Ernest says it's not the weight but the trigger travel that makes the DA safe, but I think personally weight has more to do with it than that (surely not on average, but in preparing for and mitigating the worst case scenario). Likewise, I am fine with a 4-5 lb. SA. That's just my opinion. At the end of the day I "know" nothing.
    Understood, but this spring shouldn’t effect the SA and should only reduce the DA.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Understood, but this spring shouldn’t effect the SA and should only reduce the DA.
    I agree, I was just making a point about trigger weight.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

User Tag List