Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grip Insert/Back Strap Size and Performance or: How does a novice choose?

After experimentation, I'm running my VP40 with the Small backstrap and Small side panels. The HK Pro site has a good diagnostic/determinant for the backstrap-basically, close eyes, punch out pistol to target, open eyes, see if sights are aligned. If not, change backstrap. After settling on backstrap, go for best feel/comfort/ergos with the side panels. Fine tune as needed.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 11-10-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Cincinnati's, you might also want to try the Large back and small sides.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 11-10-2016 at 09:48 PM.

I settled on medium backstrap and large sides.
    VERY natural pointability with instinctive point of aim aligned with sights, even with eyes closed in press out.
    Also, for dry fire at least, rock solid grip and no sight movement in trigger manipulation.
    Will have to see if sight picture recovery in live fire is as sweet as it feels in dry fire, but think I have a winner here.
    Last edited by Cincinnatus; 11-13-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Cincinnati's, you might also want to try the Large back and small sides.
    I settled on this combo. The large back strap allows me to get a consistently higher grip than the medium and small, and the small sides are pretty close to being flat which works well with my support hand clamp. I wear a size L glove.

This is more theory to me, but based on reading, that the grip should position the trigger finger to move straight back. The best way to do this is to have the trigger finger interface with the trigger as closely to 90 degrees as possible. For instance, in the picture below, this is me on a P320 with a medium grip. If you look carefully my finger is slightly angled which suggests to me that I should bump up in size to a large. I'm waiting to pickup another grip module to test the theory.

• It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Delete
    Last edited by JTPHD; 11-20-2016 at 04:11 PM.

User Tag List