Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redding dies availability

Redding dies availability

So I was on the hunt for Redding dies for 9mm and I can't find anyone that has them in stock. Every other manufacturer seems to have normal availability (in stock some places but not others). Has something other than a global pandemic happened to the company?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Midway's page for 80172 says

Out of Stock, Backorder OK
    Est. In-Stock: Overdue
    You could always call Redding and ask. Their web site is up.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecreekboy View Post
    So I was on the hunt for Redding dies for 9mm and I can't find anyone that has them in stock. Every other manufacturer seems to have normal availability (in stock some places but not others). Has something other than a global pandemic happened to the company?

I was neither being a dick nor failing to read, just pointing out that Midway does seem to expect to receive more stock at some point in the future, rather than closing them out as they might do if they were gone forever, never to be resupplied.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I was neither being a dick nor failing to read, just pointing out that Midway does seem to expect to receive more stock at some point in the future, rather than closing them out as they might do if they were gone forever, never to be resupplied.
    No need to explain as I took it as intended. I however have done quite a bit more research and found that Redding is based in NY state and are completely shut down. I'm still intrigued as to why everybody is out of their product. Is there that little inventory on-hand at the retailers or was there a huge surge in demand for their products which didn't get resupplied? Their competitors may still be open throughout this time and were able to resupply their stores.

Thanks again!

I believe it is both the increased demand due to the pandemic and the lack of stock. When ammo is cheap, there are not a lot of reasons to load 9x19 unless you shoot PPC or Bullseye. So there is not a lot of 9x19 die inventory. Now ammo is scarce, reloading is more popular, and Redding is closed.

Any reason in particular that you want Redding? If it's the competition dies you're after, I think they're pretty limited production.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Nobody seems to have any Redding dies in 6.5CM either. Must suck to have demand up for your product while your communist governor tells you not to operate on pain of imprisonment.

On rifle cartridges, Redding sells a separate micrometer seater as an accessory. It is usually cheaper to buy the standard seater and the micrometer accessory than to just buy the micrometer competition die in the first place.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    On rifle cartridges, Redding sells a separate micrometer seater as an accessory. It is usually cheaper to buy the standard seater and the micrometer accessory than to just buy the micrometer competition die in the first place.
    Good tip.

User Tag List