Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA - appendix carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    New rules coming out, effective June 1.
    AIWB is IN
    15 SHOTS in SSP, 10 (from 8) in CCP.

It appears the Cooper Reload will be allowable. You still may not drop a magazine with ammo in it, but there is now nothing said about the chamber.

holy crap these are some huge changes

https://www.idpa.com/new-rulebook-ma...nt-appendices/

Now just change over to hit factor scoring and it might be worth shooting IDPA again.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Now just change over to hit factor scoring and it might be worth shooting IDPA again.
    Why bother having a separate sport if you are going to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Why bother having a separate sport if you are going to do that?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Exactly.
    I just read the rules and said fuck it, I’ll just shoot PCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    holy crap these are some huge changes

https://www.idpa.com/new-rulebook-ma...nt-appendices/
    The increase in capacity for SSP Division will be welcomed by most shooters, I think.

However . . . . the last two bullets in the summarization of changes below, are going to NOT be welcomed, and I think will ultimately do more to chase folks away from SSP than attract them to it

Equipment Changes - SSP
    • Division capacity increased to 15 rounds
    • No visible external modifications are allowed
    • Grip Modules are not considered removable grips
    • Exterior parts may be refinished
    • Stippling/texturing may be applied to replaceable parts
    • Aftermarket magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers,
    de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers are not allowed
    • Custom shop parts are not allowed

"Aftermarket magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, HAMMERS, AND TRIGGERS are not allowed"
    Almost every single SSP shooter I am aware of that shoots SSP Division has some changes in their hammers and triggers, especially CZ shooters who have pistols from CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works. And I know there are several Glock and S&W M&P shooters currently shooting SSP Division with aftermarket triggers.

I have long ago decided to just try to shoot and enjoy myself at IDPA matches and tune out the incessant discussion and debate over "IDPA rules". Almost every time IDPA "improves or clarifies" rules, they create more displeasure and controversy.

The last true "rule" change the organization implemented that was truly an improvement and seemed to be almost universally welcomed and embraced was when they established fault lines and removed the subjectivity of "cover" calls (back in 2017, I think).

So how did they improve that rule this time? By limiting the length of a fault line! I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about how this rule can and will change the way a match stage is planned and executed, but it WILL. I don't think many shooters are going to like it. IDPA had finally almost completely solved the fault line/"cover" debate in their courses of fire, so they have changed the rule.

Oh well, it's just a game, and I am mediocre at it, at best. I'll keep shooting it and just stand a little farther away from the rule debates to prevent my mellow from being harshed!

Oh, and I will get my two DA/SA CZ Shadows converted to SAO and shoot in ESP Division when I am not shooting in CO Division.

Next up: The fire and brimstone from ESP and CO shooters who want to know why THEY can't load 15 rounds in their magazines!

Boom! Never say never.

Just renewed my membership and will be likely shooting aiwb in a match on Thurs. Good on IDPA, took em a while - honestly, actually still surprised they actually did it!
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

When an iron pistol is made artificially more competitive with higher mag capacity than CO, it feels… political / industry driven.

PCC, yeah you know me.

The stippling on replacable parts. That favors the SIG FCU as the entire lower is replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    When an iron pistol is made artificially more competitive with higher mag capacity than CO, it feels… political / industry driven.
    That is intersting. I would assume the indsutry would be pushing to CO as it sells new guns and optics?

I bet leaving ESP mostly alone is because of those pesky 9mm 1911s that generally dominate the division, same for CO.

Not sure I like how they changed the rules on fault lines though, might as well just use shooting boxes at every position

User Tag List