Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA - appendix carry?

The nighthawk match in Indian isn't allowing AIWB either. It's a shame because I was going to sign up today. I have a big gap in my shooting schedule between now and Nationals

Is the hallmark of a FUDD that they feel compelled to “save us from ourselves?”

Wouldn’t be surprised if some of these clubs would restrict us to one shot per second if they could, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Sounds like a “Fudd rule” to me.
    I’m reflexively wary of a relatively new shooter without the requisite habit patterns going straight to appendix, but am absolutely fine with folks that know what they’re doing. Had a shooter in my squad last weekend working from AIWB. He’s a talented shooter, prior (gun carrying) military, and a veteran cop. Perfect example of doing it right.
    Yes, but; who gets to decide then the requisite habit patterns have been acquired?

Is the hallmark of a FUDD that they feel compelled to “save us from ourselves?”

Wouldn’t be surprised if some of these clubs would restrict us to one shot per second if they could, lol.
    Those places don't allow SERPAs, either.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Shot my first match with 2022 rules today. I used my P09 in a JMCK AIWB 2.0 with a koala mag pouch. I'm happy to ditch the vest and practice strictly from AIWB from now on

79 shooters at our match Saturday and only 2 using appendix holsters. I thought we would be seeing more shooters using AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    79 shooters at our match Saturday and only 2 using appendix holsters. I thought we would be seeing more shooters using AIWB.
    A whole lot of IDPA shooters don't actually carry a gun for defensive purposes. A lot that do are old school and won't AIWB anyway. Of the 4 clubs in my area, none are yet allowing it.

Site Supporter
    Lots of the USPSA folks around here don't carry match either. However, we are running carry gun minimatches, so there is a cadre of folks. But even those don't do it religiously.

In TX, the surveys said about 85% didn't carry - they just wanted the LTC for a 'car/truck' gun to reduce hassle. With the new laws, perhaps the number of LTC will diminish but whether carry increases in an empirical question.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 06-13-2022 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    14 shooters at ours with 3 using AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Lots of the USPSA folks around here don't carry match either. However, we are running carry gun minimatches, so there is a cadre of folks. But even those don't do it religiously.

In TX, the surveys said about 85% didn't carry - they just wanted the LTC for a 'car/truck' gun to reduce hassle. With the new laws, perhaps the number of LTC will diminish but whether carry increases in an empirical question.
    Must also remember that appendix carry requires a certain type of body shape. Those who have been given by "body by brisket" need not apply.

Site Supporter
    Amen to that. I think I mentioned seeing an old toot like me screw up his holstering after loading, such that the SO has to call a stop. Needs more dry holstering practice.

User Tag List