Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA - appendix carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    There appears to be an AIWB-brouhaha that's recently occured at something like the club level. I lack details, and I don't want to assume.
    You could say that:

Name:  1611412644888.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  44.9 KB
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Of the pure USPSA people I know, holsters are the least of their complaints with the sport.
    In my view, it's just one of several silly/illogical rules:

1. No AIWB
    2. Must shoot targets in the order of a prescribed algorithm, doing otherwise = penalty
    3. Must use cover (c'mon, IDPA rules committee, admit that IDPA is a game)
    4. Dropping partial mags on the ground = penalty

Honorable mention for USPSA/hit factor scoring being (IMO) a better overall system.

I'm sure others could come up with more extensive lists, but regardless of how long the list of complaints about IDPA is, I think you're engaging in "perfect is the enemy of good" here - just because other things might be bigger problems doesn't mean that any given one couldn't/shouldn't get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Note shoulder holsters and ankle holsters are not permitted either.
    Shoulder holsters are not permitted on the grounds that they cause loaded guns to be pointed uprange. This is not an issue with AIWB. (I'm not clear on why ankle holsters are not permitted, but I really can't see anyone having any real desire to do that outside of (maybe) a BUG match, given the very real time penalty involved.)

It's argued USPSA permits it, but I have never seen it at an actual match.
    I've seen multiple competitors on the same squad as me in a USPSA match shooting Limited Minor from AIWB before. Your area != everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    You could say that:
    Looks like my guess of one day maybe aged like sour milk. Has anyone seen the video in question?

..."travesty" actually I'm not even going to go there, whole new topic

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Honorable mention for USPSA/hit factor scoring being (IMO) a better overall system.
    The only advantage time-plus scoring has is that it's easy to calculate by hand on a piece of paper. But since everyone's been using tablets for scoring for the past five or ten years, time-plus really needs to be dropped.

Didn’t Gabe White somewhat famously make GM by shooting limited minor from AIWB? If I recall correctly he’s also placed well at national/regional matches doing so, but I’m not in the know when it comes to USPSA so I could be wrong about that. I also seem to recall he’s not the only one known for running AIWB in serious USPSA competition but again I could be misremembering.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Didn’t Gabe White somewhat famously make GM by shooting limited minor from AIWB? If I recall correctly he’s also placed well at national/regional matches doing so, but I’m not in the know when it comes to USPSA so I could be wrong about that. I also seem to recall he’s not the only one known for running AIWB in serious USPSA competition but again I could be misremembering.
    Gabe White, lespepperoni, Scott Jedlinski, and Jay Beal are some of the more accomplished AIWB shooters who have done well in big matches. Jay and I think Scott shot Open pretty competitively too.

Oddly enough 3/4 of them are PF members...

It's a competition, not defensive training. As an SO, I would not be comfortable running a squad with an appendix shooter. By it's nature it's almost a guaranteed DQ, and I have no way of seeing the draw or safe holstering without being within the 180.

Note shoulder holsters and ankle holsters are not permitted either.

I have no issue if someone wants to carry like that. But that's their liability. At a match it's the club and SO's potential liability, and I am not getting sued because Tactical Timmy shit for brains blows his own balls off.
    This comes off as pretty hostile + negative to AIWB on a forum where a WHOLE LOT of great shooters rock AIWB. I've felt uncomfortable running LOTS of people and it didn't have anything to do with where their holster was.

You've never seen it in USPSA so it probably doesn't really happen?

As I stated in OP -I think there should/would need to be an achieved level of classification before just anyone could shoot AIWB.

Pretty sure Mr. White made M class in limited minor from AIWB, but also won a few or more level 2 or 3 matches too - which is super impressive as well.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    You could say that:

Name:  1611412644888.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  44.9 KB
    Where was this gem, found?

I have no issue if someone wants to carry like that. But that's their liability. At a match it's the club and SO's potential liability, and I am not getting sued because Tactical Timmy shit for brains blows his own balls off.
    I agree with the liability thing.

That being said, I ran AIWB at a USPSA match today with my CO gun using my left hand (my right hand is in a brace).

Nobody batted an eye. I rocked my hips and pushed the bottom of the holster down range to keep things kosher reholstering. Drawing, I always flip muzzle out while withdrawing to also avoid the junk shot.

User Tag List