Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA - appendix carry?

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    You could say that:

Attachment 66656
    See @Clusterfrack ... we should make those Kevlar junk pouch holster attachments and sell them to IDPA clubs!

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I agree with the liability thing.

That being said, I ran AIWB at a USPSA match today with my CO gun using my left hand (my right hand is in a brace).

Nobody batted an eye. I rocked my hips and pushed the bottom of the holster down range to keep things kosher reholstering. Drawing, I always flip muzzle out while withdrawing to also avoid the junk shot.
    http://instagram.com/p/CKMgCSpj3QW/

Was I very unsafe?

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Where was this gem, found?
    I got it off another gun forum, so I'm sorry, but I can't say who/what the original source is.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    VERY unsafe from the targets' perspective!
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Didn’t Gabe White somewhat famously make GM by shooting limited minor from AIWB? If I recall correctly he’s also placed well at national/regional matches doing so, but I’m not in the know when it comes to USPSA so I could be wrong about that. I also seem to recall he’s not the only one known for running AIWB in serious USPSA competition but again I could be misremembering.
    Jay Beal made open class Master using a Roland special aiwb. It was gamed out but that’s just insane. I don’t believe anyone has ever made GM aiwb but that’s not because of skill. Most of em run it and use minor scoring. They have GM skills. Les is a GM in production and Jay finished top 5 at nationals in CO.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

Was I very unsafe?
    @Les Pepperoni is that at Ruskin? I need to get down there sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Jay Beal made open class Master using a Roland special aiwb. It was gamed out but that’s just insane. I don’t believe anyone has ever made GM aiwb but that’s not because of skill. Most of em run it and use minor scoring. They have GM skills. Les is a GM in production and Jay finished top 5 at nationals in CO.
    That makes sense, thanks for the correction. I do recall listening to or reading Gabe describing what a severe limiting factor it is to use minor in those divisions which, again, makes sense.

Also count me in as one of the guys described in a previous comment who just shows up to run carry gear on the clock. I’ve only occasionally shot a small local USPSA match. I’m not registered and personally don’t have the time and funds to seriously compete and/or chase a classification, as much as I’d like to if I had unlimited resources. So I’m not too interested in IDPA. I’d need different gear and since I’m not in it for the game itself, I’m not investing in that gear. Which is fine for me, it means I just shoot USPSA or maybe find an IDPA where someone will let me just shoot the stage for no score.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I agree with the liability thing.

That being said, I ran AIWB at a USPSA match today with my CO gun using my left hand (my right hand is in a brace).

Nobody batted an eye. I rocked my hips and pushed the bottom of the holster down range to keep things kosher reholstering. Drawing, I always flip muzzle out while withdrawing to also avoid the junk shot.
    As a competitor, I have no problem with it. It's an interesting style, not permitted by my TexMex gifted body. As an SO, I have problems. I cannot see or manage the holster or draw and I have already seen glock leg. It makes me liable and my TQ is not going to help an abdominal wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    It makes me liable
    Can you elaborate on this point please?

I do not understand how you could be held liable for someone else shooting themselves when doing something they decided to do of their own volition, and which activity they had to sign a liability waiver in order to participate in, thus acknowledging that they were taking risks in doing so. At no point did you instruct them to point the gun at their own body and press the trigger, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @Les Pepperoni is that at Ruskin? I need to get down there sometime.
    That was at Frostproof. But, yes, you do need to come down to Ruskin sometime.

User Tag List