Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 227

Thread: IDPA - appendix carry?

  1. #191
    Lowly Production C-Class olstyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    So you're telling me, 4 draws is going to ruin your real world application, build training scars, and keep you from "train like you fight" ninja-operator-master level? 4 draws is what's keeping you from competing?
    Nope. For me personally, it's much more about the other rules than about AIWB not being allowed - AIWB just happens to be the subject of this thread, that's all. (I vastly prefer USPSA's rules, and as I stated earlier in the thread, I've got plenty of options of USPSA matches, so I don't bother with trying to get into IDPA.)

  2. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    As an example, there are less than two dozen FAST coin holders but hundreds of people who say they can run it on their own under 5.
    Maybe not a great example because many people don't have access or motivation to do the class where they give out FAST coins.
    I have an extremely strong suspicion that every single semiauto handgun USPSA M and GM could run 2x successful FASTs on demand.

    A better example would be the number of people who went to class and tried to get FAST coins and failed despite being able to run it consistently on their own under 5 at home.

  3. #193
    Site Supporter Zincwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Nope. For me personally, it's much more about the other rules than about AIWB not being allowed - AIWB just happens to be the subject of this thread, that's all. (I vastly prefer USPSA's rules, and as I stated earlier in the thread, I've got plenty of options of USPSA matches, so I don't bother with trying to get into IDPA.)
    What are the other rules that bug you? This is not a criticism, but a question. I suck at both, and steel challenge, and falling steel, and they all seem pretty similar. Hence my question.

  4. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Maybe not a great example because many people don't have access or motivation to do the class where they give out FAST coins.
    I have an extremely strong suspicion that every single semiauto handgun USPSA M and GM could run 2x successful FASTs on demand.

    A better example would be the number of people who went to class and tried to get FAST coins and failed despite being able to run it consistently on their own under 5 at home.
    Your example is better.

    The other part, about every single M/GM being able to get a coin, color me skeptical. @GJM once shared that at a post match lunch 2 or 3 out of 14 or something like that were carrying at all. I don't think that M/GM are particularly an exception from that. Kinda hard to be good with carry gear if you don't use it at all. I am a better USPSA shooter, with my Shadows etc, than I was in previous years but I dunno if I could run mid-5 on demand with my carry stuff now, like I did a few years back in a class with Ernest. There's only that much time for live and dry fire.
    But we digress.
    ďWell," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.

  5. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Your example is better.

    The other part, about every single M/GM being able to get a coin, color me skeptical. @GJM once shared that at a post match lunch 2 or 3 out of 14 or something like that were carrying at all. I don't think that M/GM are particularly an exception from that. Kinda hard to be good with carry gear if you don't use it at all. I am a better USPSA shooter, with my Shadows etc, than I was in previous years but I dunno if I could run mid-5 on demand with my carry stuff now, like I did a few years back in a class with Ernest. There's only that much time for live and dry fire.
    But we digress.
    Oh, I never said they were going to do it with their carry gear.
    They only need to do it from concealment by the definition of the FAST challenge.

    A number of people take pistol classes with Glocks but carry J frames.

    With very little modification of holsters and mag pouches, most competition gear could be run at a pistol class.
    Especially Production, Single Stack, Limited and CO.

  6. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I have an extremely strong suspicion that every single semiauto handgun USPSA M and GM could run 2x successful FASTs on demand.
    lol okay dude

    Like on demand on their own range on demand in a class with Ernest staring at them and knowing that if they don't get the whole internet is going to think they suck?
    I shot the PX4 before it was cool.

  7. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    lol okay dude

    Like on demand on their own range on demand in a class with Ernest staring at them and knowing that if they don't get the whole internet is going to think they suck?
    Like on demand if someone came to them at the end of a match and said, hereís an XL stiff vest. Put it on and do this drill twice and Iíll post it on the internet and if you blow it, everyone is going to think you suck.

    My opinion though. Yours may differ.

    Címon. For chrissakes. You and I could probably do it with a revolver if we practiced it.




  8. #198
    Site Supporter Zincwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Like on demand if someone came to them at the end of a match and said, hereís an XL stiff vest. Put it on and do this drill twice and Iíll post it on the internet and if you blow it, everyone is going to think you suck.

    My opinion though. Yours may differ.

    Címon. For chrissakes. You and I could probably do it with a revolver if we practiced it.



    What is that setup? Is he shooting out of a tent to keep the white powder off him? As a Texan, is that what they call...snow?

  9. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    What is that setup? Is he shooting out of a tent to keep the white powder off him? As a Texan, is that what they call...snow?
    Haha. Yes, thatís me shooting.
    I donít shoot revolvers much at all but I like all guns.

    I have a tarp shed with a little propane heater but it still sucks to try and do fast gun handling drills (no pun intended).

    I normally shoot with gloves in the winter but for really precision stuff at high speed I canít.

    A FAST with a semi auto is a 1.5s draw, 0.5s second shot, 1.5 second reload and 0.25 splits for 4.25s total.

    Heck, you could do a 1.75s draw and 1.75s reload and still make it under time.
    Thatís in comparison to normal 1 second draws and 1.2 s reloads for people at that level. Adding concealment doesnít seem like that it would add more time than was available.

    I do recant my opinion. I forgot about how many Legacy M there are. Iíll change my statement to every pistol based GM could do it without breaking a sweat.

  10. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Like on demand if someone came to them at the end of a match and said, hereís an XL stiff vest. Put it on and do this drill twice and Iíll post it on the internet and if you blow it, everyone is going to think you suck.

    My opinion though. Yours may differ.
    In those circumstances, yes.

    For an actual coin? No.

    Although that revolver run was pretty sick, I ain't mad at that. Before I broke my arm last year I was pushing low fives pretty regularly with my Match Champion.
    I shot the PX4 before it was cool.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •