Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 343

Thread: IDPA - appendix carry?

  1. #281
    Member Zincwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Yes then no. It carries like any other gun
    Excellent thank you for the information.

  2. #282
    Site Supporter orionz06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Sounds like an excellent way to have that club disappear, or quit IDPA matches and just go outlaw. Clubs are often just one harassed MD away from disappearing as it is.
    I'd rather lose the MD and replace them with a handful of new shooters with a vested interested in keeping things going, and the rule changes here lead me to believe we'll see more new shooters, not less. IDPA has been driving people away for years with their rules, this is a move to grow the shooter pool, which we need.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

  3. #283
    Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    With the rule changes this now puts most of our product line into IDPA now. What can we do as a company to support it? How can we get shooters to IDPA? If you're an MD or know one, feel free to email us any idea you got, or post them here. IDPA is by and far the easiest game to get into, and now the biggest barrier is down.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

  4. #284
    Member Zincwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I'd rather lose the MD and replace them with a handful of new shooters with a vested interested in keeping things going, and the rule changes here lead me to believe we'll see more new shooters, not less. IDPA has been driving people away for years with their rules, this is a move to grow the shooter pool, which we need.
    New shooters are always great and the fun part of being an SO. From what I have seen MDs are much more rare than new shooters though. As the old adage goes, honey is usually better than vinegar.

  5. #285
    My area lost 2 clubs this year to MD's stepping down and no one is volunteering to step up. The match I just shot has a late 60s or so MD and a setup crew where the youngest is 65. When he retires from the position, the club has no interest in pursuing any pistol sport.

    6 years ago there was 5 monthly IDPA matches, we are now down to *one. USPSA is still pretty healthy here, however with a lack of set up help the stages have become noticeably smaller and less interesting.

    Drawing in a few casuals is good, but we need people who get interested and involved. In the past 8 years or so, I can name less than 10 people across several clubs who have shown any sort or initiative to help run the matches.


    *and it's only on 5th Saturdays and special occasions

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Sounds like an excellent way to have that club disappear, or quit IDPA matches and just go outlaw. Clubs are often just one harassed MD away from disappearing as it is.
    A club that's unwilling to follow IDPA's rules and allow shooters to shoot in full compliance with the rules isn't a club we need around. I dealt with this shit before in another state in another time, and there is nothing worse for the sport at large than clubs with their own "house rules."

    Also, to the guy who said I have too much free time: nah fam, these are billable hours.
    I shot the PX4 before it was cool.

  7. #287
    Member Zincwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    A club that's unwilling to follow IDPA's rules and allow shooters to shoot in full compliance with the rules isn't a club we need around. I dealt with this shit before in another state in another time, and there is nothing worse for the sport at large than clubs with their own "house rules."

    Also, to the guy who said I have too much free time: nah fam, these are billable hours.
    We will agree to disagree. On the flipside, rule 2.13 permits the club:


    3 Club Safety Rules
    Clubs or Ranges that host IDPA matches may have additional or more restrictive safety requirements. These safety
    restrictions will be accommodated by the IDPA MD and staff provided that they do not interfere or conflict with the
    Purpose and Principles of IDPA or the administration of the match according to the IDPA Safety Rules. Any additional
    restrictions or requirements must be published in all Sanctioned Match announcements and visibly displayed at the
    match in a location accessible to the shooters.

  8. #288
    Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    New shooters are always great and the fun part of being an SO. From what I have seen MDs are much more rare than new shooters though. As the old adage goes, honey is usually better than vinegar.
    There are also loads of MD's that are miserable curmudgeons who aren't receptive to anyone other than their old boys club to assist. If AIWB loses people like that, we might just be better off.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

  9. #289
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Erie County, NY
    Ditto on that, Zinc. The shooting sports and the RKBA need to keep a healthy number of participants. Gaming absolutist perfectionists are the enemy of the good. I saw a club disappear because of such. Save the tyranny for major matches. The weekly or monthly club matches don't need this.

    Also, the nasty inbreed old boys clubs are not needed.

  10. #290
    Member Zincwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Ditto on that, Zinc. The shooting sports and the RKBA need to keep a healthy number of participants. Gaming absolutist perfectionists are the enemy of the good. I saw a club disappear because of such. Save the tyranny for major matches. The weekly or monthly club matches don't need this.

    Also, the nasty inbreed old boys clubs are not needed.
    Its a major change, but will probably only be an issue for the first half of the year frankly.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •