Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA - appendix carry?

P365 SAS

I think I’ll be dumb.

SSP with a P365 SAS and 15 round extensions with a TLR-7 carried AIWB…

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think I’ll be dumb.

SSP with a P365 SAS and 15 round extensions with a TLR-7 carried AIWB…
    I'm going to try it with my 92G and T1CS AIWB holster...
    Should be fun.

Not in the same universe game skill wise as the last 2 posters but enjoyed being able to shoot my M&P w/ my EDC AIWB rig last wknd.

All this almost has me wanting to try IDPA again… We have a great MD at my local club.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Well at least one of the 4 clubs I shoot at says they have adopted the new rules, except AIWB. Of course it doesn't matter because all of our matches so far have been cancelled for weather. Last year I had one all year out of 30 or so, this year 3 and probably 4 because it is supposed to snow this weekend.

Shot my first IDPA match in many years today. Used my Staccato P DPO w/X300U from AIWB. Not many AIWB shooters at the match, but nearly half of my squad was shooting 2011s (four Staccatos, and a rare Atlas made an appearance). For what it's worth, I didn't see any reliability issues.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

One of the clubs I shoot idpa matches with has announced that they will not permit appendix carry.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    One of the clubs I shoot idpa matches with has announced that they will not permit appendix carry.
    There are a number saying that. We will see how it goes, I am not going to get all huffy about it. I am actually taking a SO class at one that isn't, at present, going to allow it and am hoping to influence things a bit at the class.

On the sign up page for their annual level 2 match "DUE TO CLUB SAFETY REGULATIONS, APPENDIX CARRY IN ALL DIVISIONS IS NOT PERMITTED"

This is funny for two reasons, one because out of the 10+ clubs in my area this is the one where if there is ever a gun related injury it will be this one and not because of AIWB.
    Two because they also host USPSA which has a had multiple guys per match running AIWB for a couple years.

I don't get it

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    On the sign up page for their annual level 2 match "DUE TO CLUB SAFETY REGULATIONS, APPENDIX CARRY IN ALL DIVISIONS IS NOT PERMITTED"

This is funny for two reasons, one because out of the 10+ clubs in my area this is the one where if there is ever a gun related injury it will be this one and not because of AIWB.
    Two because they also host USPSA which has a had multiple guys per match running AIWB for a couple years.

I don't get it

Sounds like a “Fudd rule” to me.
    I’m reflexively wary of a relatively new shooter without the requisite habit patterns going straight to appendix, but am absolutely fine with folks that know what they’re doing. Had a shooter in my squad last weekend working from AIWB. He’s a talented shooter, prior (gun carrying) military, and a veteran cop. Perfect example of doing it right.

User Tag List