Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Sig P320 a poor mans 2011?

Site Supporter

Is the Sig P320 a poor mans 2011?

I may be like 8 Natty Lites deep, but hear me out...

Seems to me like the bore axis, option for a manual safety, and relatively short/light trigger make the platform at least a decent option for someone looking to get used to a double stack "single action" pistol with a manual safety, at a lower price point than a 2011. Granted, you are probably getting less performance, but you are also probably getting more reliability than a low end 2011 like a Rock Island.

I am interested to hear what the much more experienced members of this forum think of this concept.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Nice

Seems to me like the bore axis, option for a manual safety, and relatively short/light trigger make the platform at least a decent option for someone looking to get used to a double stack "single action" pistol with a manual safety, at a lower price point than a 2011. Granted, you are probably getting less performance, but you are also probably getting more reliability than a low end 2011 like a Rock Island.

I am interested to hear what the much more experienced members of this forum think of this concept.
    I haven't shot a P320 so I am not familiar with their trigger, but their sudden increase in popularity in USPSA seems to suggest you have a point. I certainly believe you can get a "better" (for USPSA purposes) trigger out of a P320 than you can out of a Glock, based on the nature of the trigger mechanisms in each.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Nice

I haven't shot a P320 so I am not familiar with their trigger, but their sudden increase in popularity in USPSA seems to suggest you have a point. I certainly believe you can get a "better" (for USPSA purposes) trigger out of a P320 than you can out of a Glock, based on the nature of the trigger mechanisms in each.
    I've shot a M17 some, and for me at least its the short trigger travel that makes it so different than a glock. I like glock triggers in that I'm the most used to them, but I have definitely noticed that I have to put a bit less concentration into strong hand and weak hand only shooting with a shorter (and maybe a bit lighter) trigger.

The Sig 320 is like a reliable version of a 2011. Take that!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It’s interesting that the two platforms I have invested multiple 1000’s of dollars in, and later abandoned are the 1911/2011 and Sig320.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I may be like 8 Natty Lites deep, but hear me out....
    I don’t have anything of value to add but were I seeking a “sig line” this would be a STRONG contender.

Seems to me like the bore axis, option for a manual safety, and relatively short/light trigger...
    You're too deep, that trigger is like 5 miles long.

That said, @cheby, who is a Limited M class with his Atlases (Atlasi? Atl-asses?) was considering shooting CO with the Legion exactly because of ergonomic similarities.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I don’t have anything of value to add but were I seeking a “sig line” this would be a STRONG contender.
    how do I do this?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    You're too deep, that trigger is like 5 miles long.

That said, @cheby, who is a Limited M class with his Atlases (Atlasi? Atl-asses?) was considering shooting CO with the Legion exactly because of ergonomic similarities.
    hey fair enough, like 99% of my shooting experience is with glocks, so the m17 seems shorter than that at least to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Lol, to be fair I only compared it to a Rock Island!

User Tag List