Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Defensive Pistol Platforms You Carry - 2.0

Defensive Pistol Platforms You Carry - 2.0

@RevolverRob , something to consider that I never see in these polls, that perhaps you've thought of, but wanted to mention: none.

Understanding the name of the forum and all, but I'm curious how many members if they were honest and anonymous might say that much of the time, they don't carry a handgun the majority of the time. For instance, given your primary/backup example, if someone doesn't carry 5 days a week due to workplace NPE, but jocks up on the weekend for going downtown, etc. Does that count as none? Maybe for threat assessment reasons, maybe for legality, maybe some folks for professional reasons are only carrying a long gun.

Just a thought.

Let's address some of the question(s) posed by this post in the Defensive Pistol Platforms You Carry polling thread. As a matter of context let's define "carry" as; what do you actually carry concealed at least 10 hrs a day - 7 days a week.

Affirmative responses only should keep the thread pretty lean and uncluttered I would think.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Well, at least my answer wouldn't change.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Let's address some of the question(s) posed by this post in the Defensive Pistol Platforms You Carry polling thread. As a matter of context let's define "carry" as; what do you actually carry concealed at least 10 hrs a day - 7 days a week.
    My answer remains the same.

Even here at PF, I bet the number of people that can meet your criteria is pretty low. 10 hours a day, 7 days a week is a lot of life filled with regular (unarmed) jobs, restricted locations, and human nature people will make carry decisions for.
    Last edited by ST911; 05-02-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post

Affirmative responses only should keep the thread pretty lean and uncluttered I would think.
    If I'm dressed, I'm carrying so no change for me.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

10hrs a day 7 days a week moves me into the “none” category.

Due to hard NPEs, my carry is restricted to nights, weekends, and days I work from home (when we’re in a ‘normal’ time). That gives me four full days a week and typically four-five hours a day when I work at the office.

Regardless the basic answer of “primarily a J-frame” doesn’t change for me.

Obviously with ‘Rona and working from home full time, I’m basically 95% J-Frame and if I feel like it, I’ll holster up a 1911 or 2011.

Would a poll choice be “always packing when posting on PF?”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Well, OK, Nada

Well, if the standard is carried concealed, ten hours a day, seven days a week, no handguns meet that standard. The closest would be the shotgun that is within reach, as I am sleeping and/or internettin’, so is often with me ten-plus hours a day. (If I am sleeping, or may doze off, I would rather that a handgun, especially with a short-stroke trigger, NOT be TOO close.)

I may carry ten-plus hours a day, some days, but not necessarily concealed, because I am not usually out and about for that long, each day, unless we are on a road trip.

Background: I am retired. I was a big-city LEO.

“The shotgun” is actually four of them. Benelli M2 x 2, and 870 x 2.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Would a poll choice be “always packing when posting on PF?”
    I’d still answer negatory on that one. Hell right now, I’m wearing a gun, but it’s unloaded. Got the STI in my new extremely tight SME, getting started on breaking the holster in. Doing draws on dryfire targets = unloaded gun.

So I guess I have a gun, but it wouldn’t be real useful in a gunfight right now.

I carry a G19 8-10 hours a day, 5 times a week(at least).
    Sometimes I carry a Gen5 G26 “off duty”.
    In my domicile at this very instant I have a G43 in a Wilderness ankle holster whilst glaring occasionally at the TV and looking at the internet.
    I might get kilt, but respectfully I think it’s a matter of context.
    Attributed to Mark Moritz: “First rule of a gunfight: have a gun”.
    To paraphrase Jeff Cooper: “If you have been to a class, and do not have a gun in reach as you are reading this, then you did not get the full message.”
    OTOH: “Be wary of the man with one gun(and carries in the same place)-he probably knows how to use it!”
    Finally: respectfully suggest it’s mindset in the end. If I didn’t/couldn’t have a firearm, or it quit working, hit the bad thing with something!

Site Supporter
    I can say yes while I am working remotely due to CV19. I work for a very NPE during traditional working hours so no I do not carry during traditional 8 to 5.

User Tag List