Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Defensive Pistol Platforms You Carry - 2.0

From the time I get up at~4-5 a.m. to taking clothes off to get into bed, there is a G43 in my right pocket - at work, at home doesn't matter. My work would be really tough with aiwb on all day. I carry aiwb plus g43 in pocket when going out for most other things.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I'm guessing about 5% to 6% of USA citizens have a Pistol Permit of some type and I'd guess out of that group maybe 10 to 20% of permitted carriers actually carry most of the time. I carry a loaded handgun every single day, all day except for places where it is illegal. I even sleep with a loaded weapon near by. I generally carry one of a couple of HK 9mm's or a J-frame in hot weather. I'd have to say I usually carry 24/7

Thankfully my Conservative Republican employer encourages discreet and well hidden carry by permit carriers who have had training. My wife also carries so my better half is on board with this lifestyle.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

If I am not at work I am carrying a Glock 19 or 26 with a 17 round reload or two. If I am at work I am carrying a Glock 17 with two or three reloads on my duty belt loaded with ammo issued to me by the company. I work for a private company as a contractor for local government so we can carry but the laws may or may not protect us on our way home depending on what exactly happens if I am hoping to get the company legal team to help me. But I am armed about 95% of the time. Sometimes if I am just running out to get a pizza or drive through I am not carrying but I am trying to be more conscious of that choice and usually just throw my Glock 26 into a pocket holster and into the glove box with a spare reload so I have something.

I am really considering one a Glock 43 or one of their other smaller single-stack 9mm models.

With regards to going without a firearm, I am privileged that I can carry at work but I do agree with the idea of learning to weaponize oneself. This is why I signed up for classes at the local Krav Maga school. I need to lose the spare tire I have and thought it might be useful to have some better hands on skills should it come to that. I've learned quite a bit doing the online classes and watching videos since the Covid-19 caused a stay at home order. Our gym will be opening back up soon and I look forward to a more hands on classroom.
    Last edited by Cyberpunk1981; 05-13-2020 at 03:49 AM.

I work at a NPE 40+ hours a week. I don and doff a J-frame before and after work respectively. The weekends could see the inclusion of a G19, but generally sees J-frame duty as well due to it’s convenience and ability to blend in extremely well with generally whatever I wear on a daily basis.

So I top out at about 7 hours a day during the week. The weekend I’m easily 10+ hours a day carrying, but I definitely carry 7 days a week when and where legal.

5" Wilson Combat .45ACP CQB everyday in a Raven Concealment Phantom IWB with tuckable overhooks with a Wilson Combat 10rd mag in my back pocket. I work in an office environment and this combination conceals very well.

When I come home and change clothes, a S&W 642 carried in a Kramer pocket holster. 2 Bianchi Speed Strips in right rear pocket.

If I go to town, I swap back to the CQB and 2 spare 8rd mags.

38SPL j-frame everyday for 8 hours in NPE.

HK P2000SK when out and about during evenings and weekends.

COVID-19 work from home, P2000SK when stepping out of the house.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Fortunately I don't work in an NPE or GFZ so I always carry. At home I always have a P3AT in my pocket and when away from home I ad my G26/IWB and keep the Keltec in my pocket. I got in the habit of pocket carry because it's so discrete and comfortable, but then I decided to start carrying my Glock more on a regular basis.

User Tag List