Page 72 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

"It's so CUUUTTE"! With a wife-ish squee usually reserved for baby mammals (especially kittens), I couldn't not buy it for her:

Name:  Small Spyderco.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  83.0 KB

Gun show find by my wife from a table of random assorted blades. Any one able to ID it? 2.5" folded, around 2" blade. Marked Seki - Japan and Spyderco (of course!) but no steel identification or such. Looks close to Ladybug 3 pics but the handle profile is hair off. I'm thinking maybe an earlier gen Ladybug Salt, maybe?
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    "It's so CUUUTTE"! With a wife-ish squee usually reserved for baby mammals (especially kittens), I couldn't not buy it for her:

Gun show find by my wife from a table of random assorted blades. Any one able to ID it? 2.5" folded, around 2" blade. Marked Seki - Japan and Spyderco (of course!) but no steel identification or such. Looks close to Ladybug 3 pics but the handle profile is hair off. I'm thinking maybe an earlier gen Ladybug Salt, maybe?
    I think if it was a Salt the blade would show H-1. Maybe it's a first generation Ladybug?
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I think if it was a Salt the blade would show H-1. Maybe it's a first generation Ladybug?
    Someone told me awhile back the yellow FRN is reserved for Salts which seems unlikely but a quick search of the current Spyderco site does seem to match that. Then again, even if true today, doesn't mean it's always been true. So it's a wonky guess at best and absolutely may not be a Salt. Kind of surprised there's no steel marking but not up enough on Spyderco history to know the norms of the different runs.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post

Sure looks like a Ladybug, and meets the physical attributes of a Salt. Pic of the opposite side tang may give additional clues.

If I have already have a Delica… do I need a waved Delica? Or do I need a Native 5….

Question of the day for myself.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    If I have already have a Delica… do I need a waved Delica? Or do I need a Native 5….

You know the correct answer is "both"

Site Supporter
    To shamelessly rip off a post I just saw somewhere else- How about a Para 3 lightweight 115ish instead:

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyder...tweight--93614

better lock

more ergonomic

better pocket clip

even less that the Native 5. 120 ish
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyder...ockback--25851

the waved delica at 99 does have the wave.
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyder...-Knife-w--8095

Let us know what you do.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Why do you need a wave?

I carry IWB or loose in pocket and MUCH prefer a lock back for stay closed bias.

Wire clips on P3 are less secure but do less pocket damage.

N5 is great for utility but not as good tactically as the hole is hard to reach and choils do not work on a tac knife.

Just like with any Cary safety equipment many of the same is a good thing

YMMV

Site Supporter

The waved Delica and Endura are the most reliable pocket opening knives I have seen. They are also the gentlest on clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Everyone has their own preferences.

I have never cared for the wave feature on knives. Others love them. Don't make me no never mind.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List