Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Site Supporter

LYNCHNW

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Yes, I have the Lynch clips on my Para 3s, it's a necessary upgrade, the stock clip position sucks. Go with the Lynch clips, he's a solid dude worth supporting.
    https://www.lynchnw.com/clips/lynchn...eep-carry-clip
    I somehow tweaked the LYNCHNW clip on my Yojimbo 2. I emailed Casey for suggestions as to how to bend it back into position. Casey emailed back within minutes offering to replace the clip free of charge. It doesn't get any better than that.

All sharpened up and ready to cut.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    All sharpened up and ready to cut.

I love Para ergonomics. I'm holding out for a Para 3 lightweight in Magnacut. I'm pretty sure that will be my perfect pocket knife.

The Stretch 2 SS is a near identical copy of the P2.

In a light weight format with much better stay closed bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    The Stretch 2 SS is a near identical copy of the P2.

In a light weight format with much better stay closed bias.
    I dunno about that. I’ve got a stretch 2. It’s a good knife but I really prefer the handle shape, size, curves on the PM2. There are a lot of reasons, good ones, for the fame and demand surrounding the PM2. It’s just about perfect as far as a general use folder go. Only thing I can really complain about is they aren’t the bargain they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I love Para ergonomics. I'm holding out for a Para 3 lightweight in Magnacut. I'm pretty sure that will be my perfect pocket knife.
    It's a great steel for holding an aggressive edge...but be very careful with any lateral force applied.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's a great steel for holding an aggressive edge...but be very careful with any lateral force applied.
    Magnacut or Maxamet? Magnacut is still pretty new, but my understanding is that it should do very well with edge "toughness" similar to non-stainless powdered tool steels. https://knifesteelnerds.com/2021/03/25/cpm-magnacut/ It seems like the optimal pocketknife steel. I still like 14C28N or AEB-L for larger fixed blades due to ease of sharpening and greater toughness. I've never really been into the high abrasion resistant steels like Maxamet.

Magnacut or Maxamet? Magnacut is still pretty new, but my understanding is that it should do very well with edge "toughness" similar to non-stainless powdered tool steels. https://knifesteelnerds.com/2021/03/25/cpm-magnacut/ It seems like the optimal pocketknife steel. I still like 14C28N or AEB-L for larger fixed blades due to ease of sharpening and greater toughness. I've never really been into the high abrasion resistant steels like Maxamet.
    Sorry, Josh. I read too fast for my own good. (I'll blame it on aging eyes.)

MagnaCut will be just fine. It'll be something akin to the toughness of CPM Cru-Wear with high end stainless-ness.

So far, early testing seems to be quite positive from most of my sources.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sorry, Josh. I read too fast for my own good. (I'll blame it on aging eyes.)

MagnaCut will be just fine. It'll be something akin to the toughness of CPM Cru-Wear with high end stainless-ness.

So far, early testing seems to be quite positive from most of my sources.
    It seems pretty awesome from most of the testing I've seen so far. Nearly as stainless as LC200N, but edge performance like CPM Cru-Wear or 4V.

Spyderco is apparently going to run it about 62 HRC. I'll probably grab the new Native 5 Salt when in comes out since it looks like it's going to be the first production Spyderco in Magnacut.

Even beyond Magnacut, Larrin's contributions to the knife world are pretty awesome. His testing certainly corrected a number of misconceptions I held about steel performance. Primarily, I used to think that 1095/O1 were tougher steels, but a lot of commonly available simple stainless steels (12C27, 13C26, 14C28N, and AEB-L) are substantially "tougher." I think Mora does a disservice to their stainless models by running them softer than the equivalent carbon models, which leads to easier edge deflection (especially in zero ground scandis).

It seems pretty awesome from most of the testing I've seen so far. Nearly as stainless as LC200N, but edge performance like CPM Cru-Wear or 4V.

Spyderco is apparently going to run it about 62 HRC. I'll probably grab the new Native 5 Salt when in comes out since it looks like it's going to be the first production Spyderco in Magnacut.

Even beyond Magnacut, Larrin's contributions to the knife world are pretty awesome. His testing certainly corrected a number of misconceptions I held about steel performance. Primarily, I used to think that 1095/O1 were tougher steels, but a lot of commonly available simple stainless steels (12C27, 13C26, 14C28N, and AEB-L) are substantially "tougher." I think Mora does a disservice to their stainless models by running them softer than the equivalent carbon models, which leads to easier edge deflection (especially in zero ground scandis).
    A lot of production companies and even custom makers run 'em softer than need be.

Nathan Carothers has been pretty sanguine about his testing with MagnaCut so far, (he's still at it), and I have a lot of respect for his work with 3V, AEB-L etc.

Larrin has been a real asset to the knife community. We're happy to have him post regularly on bladeforums.

User Tag List