Page 49 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Site Supporter
    I've loved pocket knives since I was 4 or 5 and got my first "tactical" knife in the early 90s - a Spyderco Endura from cutlery shoppe. I've probably bought over a hundred knives in the last 35 years from all the popular brands and other than swiss army knives, the ones that get carried the most are Spyderco lockbacks. I got into knives years before flicking was a thing, so the stiffness of a lockback doesn't bother me and it also helps keeps the blade closed much better than an axis or compression lock.
    When my interests shift to guns or watches and I'm carrying a knife just as a useful tool I most often carry a Native 5 FRN variant. I don't even particularly like choils but I guess the knife just works for me.

Name:  20210824_104803.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  54.8 KB
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    @blues got me man. He started posting knife pics and all of a sudden PF wasn’t just a place that costs me money on guns, holsters, belts..... no, now pistol-forum would cost me money on knives 😞
    Yes exactly. That darn Blues. Hes the ringleader for sure. But he also has plenty of help.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Yes exactly. That darn Blues. Hes the ringleader for sure. But he also has plenty of help.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Attachment 76220

Forgot Spyderco had their own thread.
    I still love that pic!

Attachment 76220

Forgot Spyderco had their own thread.
    Lon, Your police looks different...is that a darkened finish and what is the protrusion on the side of the blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Lon, Your police looks different...is that a darkened finish and what is the protrusion on the side of the blade?
    Mine is one of the more limited run of blackened POLICE models that were made back in the 90’s. I just did a google search and saw some of them (NIB) are going for $800+ (asking price) on eBay. Crazy. I think the protrusion is just the wear mark at the end of the swedge where it thickens out. I’ll try to post up some more pics later.

Edit: found this old spyderco forum thread:https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=48163
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Mine is one of the more limited run of blackened POLICE models that were made back in the 90’s. I just did a google search and saw some of them (NIB) are going for $800+ (asking price) on eBay. Crazy. I think the protrusion is just the wear mark at the end of the swedge where it thickens out. I’ll try to post up some more pics later.

Edit: found this old spyderco forum thread:https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=48163
    Thanks for the reply and the additional info...interesting stuff and a beautiful knife. Maybe they'll do another release someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Thanks for the reply and the additional info...interesting stuff and a beautiful knife. Maybe they'll do another release someday.
    Here ya go.

Name:  DFFE98C9-DAF3-4358-A7F3-8B3370939BF1.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  102.9 KB
    Name:  4060587B-A9B1-43AA-8091-C2C33B1A8D0A.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  101.3 KB
    Name:  1FE93D14-75EB-4B5E-A6CF-5D5C0E4DE804.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  78.1 KB
    Name:  45454875-A9E5-4C0B-B3B2-11D74F5463A7.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  65.0 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Jesus, I knew I should have grabbed one of those back then!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Jesus, I knew I should have grabbed one of those back then!
    No kidding. If I woulda ever suspected it’d be worth $$ I’d have just left it in the box and stuck it away and bought something else to use at work.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List