Page 48 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Frig, finally bent the pocket clip on my Salt. Spyderco doesn't seem to list replacement clips on their site without submitting a pic, so I've done that, but I've only recently learned that there are other clips on the market.

Is there something better than another OEM clip?

Attachment 74819
    I have an Endura that uses that clip. It unscrewed itself in a pocket. I recovered all the parts but then lost one side of the screw before I got it reassembled.

@Gun Mutt, I recommend contacting Spyderco CS. They were very helpful and responsive when I needed a replacement wave stud for a P'Kal.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter

Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Lynch is good-to-go. I have several of his pocket clips.
    As do I. Good stuff.

I bought this one yesterday.....

Name:  4EA952C6-54C6-4963-A32D-B5A61E21E571.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  19.5 KB

In buying it, I broke a rule I had made, a rule that I’d never buy a Spyderco made in China. Not when there are so many awesome knives from them made in Colorado and Japan. But I was in the store, already had a Golden made model in my hand when I said screw it, gimme that one too.

It’s a $49 knife. It can be a beater. I can practice my sharpening skills on it. I can do stupid stuff with it that I wouldn’t risk my expensive PM2 on. Hell, for that matter I think it looks cool. It’s stiffer in action than my other Spyderco models, but centering and lockup are spot on. The ergonomics are excellent for my hands. It may actually end up being a hell of a knife for fifty bucks. I know a lot of online reviews of it are glowing.

And just so I didn’t completely abandon my normal principles, I did buy that USA made knife too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I bought this one yesterday.....

Name:  4EA952C6-54C6-4963-A32D-B5A61E21E571.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  19.5 KB

In buying it, I broke a rule I had made, a rule that I’d never buy a Spyderco made in China. Not when there are so many awesome knives from them made in Colorado and Japan. But I was in the store, already had a Golden made model in my hand when I said screw it, gimme that one too.

It’s a $49 knife. It can be a beater. I can practice my sharpening skills on it. I can do stupid stuff with it that I wouldn’t risk my expensive PM2 on. Hell, for that matter I think it looks cool. It’s stiffer in action than my other Spyderco models, but centering and lockup are spot on. The ergonomics are excellent for my hands. It may actually end up being a hell of a knife for fifty bucks. I know a lot of online reviews of it are glowing.

And just so I didn’t completely abandon my normal principles, I did buy that USA made knife too.
    That is a good knife.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  79.9 KB

I shouldnt have started reading this thread. Seriously its way too many really good looking knives. This week I found myself at a LGS looking at knives. They normally have a pretty good selection 3 displays of new knives and 1 of used knives all of them usually chock full. I guess because of covid they may have had enough to fill one. I think thats the only thing that stopped me from walking out with a new knife.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I shouldnt have started reading this thread. Seriously its way too many really good looking knives. This week I found myself at a LGS looking at knives. They normally have a pretty good selection 3 displays of new knives and 1 of used knives all of them usually chock full. I guess because of covid they may have had enough to fill one. I think thats the only thing that stopped me from walking out with a new knife.
    @blues got me man. He started posting knife pics and all of a sudden PF wasn’t just a place that costs me money on guns, holsters, belts..... no, now pistol-forum would cost me money on knives 😞

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    @blues got me man. He started posting knife pics and all of a sudden PF wasn’t just a place that costs me money on guns, holsters, belts..... no, now pistol-forum would cost me money on knives 😞
    I'm sure I have no idea what you are referring to. None. Zilch. Nada.

There's nothing civil about this war.

For some reason I suddenly have a hankering for a Zilch knife, but I can't find it. It's driving me crazy cuz I got to have it.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Name:  D0C6D385-2AFD-4BFE-B3B5-33666A0558EF.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  51.1 KB

Forgot Spyderco had their own thread.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List