Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Name:  E9FA76FD-7CA6-46A4-A6BF-ED0FC6363478.jpeg
Views: 930
Size:  98.8 KB

I’ve abused a few Spydercos over the years. The bottom left Endura was the first I bought back in 91 or 92 and I carried it until the plastic pocket clip broke. It was followed by a stainless Police model that resides in the garage tool box. The Viele I bought at a mall knife store and daily carried a lot also. My right thumb tip is crooked to this day from slicing it almost off with the Viele the first day I owned it. The Terzola Jr was also a daily carry for a while. The H2s and Rescue all see/saw use over years of kayaking and owning a kayak business. I really like the Spydercos in H1 but can see a Waterway and Native 5 LC200n in my future.

Love me some wharnies, too. I have 3 or 4 Yojimbos, 2 Ronin 1s, 2 or 3 Ronin 2s, and a Yurco Ronin. The Ronin 1 is the best feeling knife I've ever handled.

Here are a few:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And some more. The Police is the first Spyderco I ever bought, a long time ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    And some more. The Police is the first Spyderco I ever bought, a long time ago.
    I so wish that Ronin had a reverse edge.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  8B4FE3AE-4254-4DCA-B3C7-3DEBFB841916.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  100.8 KB

My most recent additions. I’ll admit that I’m not so much a Spyderco fanboy as I really have a Spyderco problem. The three in the pic are two Delicas and an Endela.

The Delica has probably become my favorite model to try things with. They’re good quality and affordable enough that if I want to try something new (like the combo edge in the pic for example) I’ll pick up a Delica in that configuration to see how I like it. Now, I’ve got a PM2 and a Para 3 and other US made Spyderco models. I think they are actually better knives. But to me though, if I’m gonna take a risk on a blade type or whatever it’s easier to do with a $75 knife than a $150 knife.

Another thing I’ve come to love about the Delica line is I can take them to work with confidence. There’s holes at work where if I dropped a PM2 I would never see it again. Lot easier to stomach losing the less expensive Delica models.

Name:  E7227531-2E04-4473-AAAD-93093B592DEB.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  36.5 KB

Some of my Golden, CO Spyderco. Manix 2, PM2, Native 5LW and the Para 3.

Para 3 was my first Spydie, and the PM2 was my graduation present to myself when I finished my Bachelors degree this past December. One of these knives is my very favorite Spyderco model, but I can’t fully decide which one it is. It’s probably the PM2, but sometimes I think I like the shorter blade of the Para 3 better. Or maybe the way the Manix just hugs the hand, maybe it’s the one. Or maybe the way the Native 5 is such a simple/perfect EDC knife that doesn’t seem to scare the neighbors, maybe it’s my favorite......

Like I said, my favorite Spyderco is in this pic, I just can’t decide for the life of me which one it is.

Has anyone tried a deep-carry clip for the PM3? As shipped, here's a lot of grip sticking out, relative to the size of the knife.

https://mxggear.com/products/custom-...pyderco-para-3
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Has anyone tried a deep-carry clip for the PM3? As shipped, here's a lot of grip sticking out, relative to the size of the knife.

https://mxggear.com/products/custom-...pyderco-para-3
    I have not. However, Lynch Northwest makes one for the Para 3 that doesn’t partially block the lanyard hole that people absolutely rave about.

I haven’t tried that one, but the idea is solid. This is an EBay score from a few years ago on my carry Yo2. I showed it to a Eric G, he said “not bad”.

Name:  D18657B8-673C-49D1-BF46-6C159C0C3FD0.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  98.3 KB

User Tag List