Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    If you're trying to resist the urge, I can almost guarantee that this video will not help.

https://youtu.be/1ddOdONCCqU
    You’re right. I should not have watched that video. There’s likely a Yojimbo 2 in my future, and possibly a Ronin 2 as well.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yojimbo 2 live and trainer, with 5x5 Combat Solutions Pickpocket wave openers.

Those wave openers are cool!

I had a zytel/FRN Delica with the Emerson wave at one time. Loaned it to my daughter for a camping trip and it didn’t make it home.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    ...Loaned it to my daughter for a camping trip and it didn’t make it home.
    That sucks. That’s why my daughters have their own knives. Haven’t lost them yet...
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Like many here I suspect, my first not-junk knife I bought myself was an early Delica, with the integral Zytel clip. It was serrated because it is what they had and I did not know what I did not know
    A lost Delica later. I stumbled across Walmart seling a Native model made in the USA w CPM S30V steel. IIRC, the retail was sub 50.00 with tax and it may have been the most expensive folder they were selling at the time. They were a go to present of mine for graduations, birthdays and Father's Day that year for sure. Knowing what I know now, I should have bought 12 and put them on the shelf.

I then got turned onto the Limited Edition (1 of 500) Emerson Endura Waves. Bought 2, lost one, sold one and bought another in the last few years. VG10 Steel.

Because I lose knives much more often than I should, I thought I lost the Native last spring, so I ended up buying the Cat-10 off of Amazon. Love the clip. Good and sharp blade. A bit dressier than a Native. Found the Native so I remain a happy camper.

Finally, I bought a Reverse despite carrying a CP with no issues. Found the Reverse to be too big for me to carry 9-5 with a jacket and tie relative to the CP. Sold it to a TFO who is putting it to good use.

The Yojimbo link has me thinking long and hard about one of those. The fixed blade version (Ronin) is intriguing though I confess I continue to be well served by the CP and my knife fighting skills tend to revolve around the stab and slash like a money on meth school such that another fixed blade is probably not the wisest investment relative to a cool folder.

My first Spyderco knife was a Delica with an FRN pocket clip. My stupid sister in law thought it would make a good key for her glove box. It didn't and she promptly broke the tip off. I would use this knife for flying after that in case it was taken. I'm not sure what happened to it.

My second one was an Endura. Standard blade, non-serrated this time. I lost it to a pickpocket. At least I think it was a pickpocket, how else would you explain it disappearing from my pocket? I'm sure it couldn't have just fallen out and got lost

The Q knife. I little on the small size but kind of a cool idea.

Attachment 53243

The Native. Great knife, not too small, very thin and lightweight.

Attachment 53244

The Rescue. It used to be clipped on the sun visor of my truck. That's why the clip is on the left side.

Attachment 53245

The Vesuvius. This was my EDC knife for a few years. You don't see ATS-34 steel anymore but it would stay sharp and slice very well. It was also my first compression lock Spyderco and I have been a fan of them since.

Attachment 53246

The Chokwe. My wife got this for me as an anniversary gift. Titanium frame lock with a thin G10 handle. I put a deep carry pocket clip and now use it as a dress-up knife. It doesn't get used much.

Attachment 53247

The Paramilitary 2. This was my EDC for a few years and is the reason I became a big fan of the PM2. I may have swung around with some others for short periods of time but I always came back to this knife.

The Para 3. This was a sprint run from Blade HQ IIRC. What I discovered was I didn't like the Jade handles and it was a little smaller then I liked. I never actually cut anything with it and sold it.

The Paramilitary 2-2. This is only the second sprint run I have ever bought and thought it would make a great replacement to my current PM 2. I have carried it for about a year or so. It has CMP 20CV steel and to be honest I'm not very impressed. I think the S30V on my other one holds an edge better.

Attachment 53250

The Paramilitary 2-3. I think I'm going to replace number 2-2 with this one soon. It has Maxamet steel and supposed to be one of the best steels for holding an edge. It's also hard to manufacture with longer blades. This is why they can be found shorter blades like the PM 3 and Native and Manix lightweight.

Attachment 53252

The PM 3-2. I only got this one because I wanted to get a set of the 3 "Military's" in Maxamet. The largest of the three is the Military and it has been unattainable for a few years now. The PM 2 came out for a short time but can only be found on E-Bay at the time. When I talked to the guy at SHOT about this and asked when the Military would come out he said, and I'm Paraphrasing, "don't hold your breath".

Attachment 53254

If I were smart I would use the PM 3 as a replacement for the PM 2 since it still available and I could replace it if something happened.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I decided to try out the Para 3 for awhile.

First cut.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Re: The Native Model.

I am anything but a knife expert. I own three or four Benchmade knives and a similar number of Spyderco knives. But one of the least expensive is the Spyderco Native. And I usually carry that knife about 75% of the time. It does everything I need from a knife, I love the ergonomics, weight, and size of the knife, and I have even "lost" it twice, only to miraculously discover it again (once in the middle of the Coconino National Forest in Arizona).

Don't know where I am going with this, but I am really a big fan of that knife.

Site Supporter
    I got my first delica in 91? I have carried a spyderco ever since. One I got hired by the PD in 96 I carried two delicas everyday in uniform. Left and right front pocket. I took an Insights clip it class taught by John holschen in 97? After 911 I could not carry a delica on a airplane so I switched to enduras. I still usually carry an endura every day. I have several other spydercos that I will dig out

Got a Reverse which rarely gets carried due to the length of the grips, very non-discreet. But it's easily the sharpest OTOB knife I've ever owned
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List