Page 28 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Repost because... Spyderco
    Well, if we're going to do that.

Name:  Spyderco P'Kal.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  33.3 KB

That photo is from three years ago and that knife has not only grown on me, it just does everything a regular suburban guy needs it to do, which is mostly light weight work. If it couldn't do that, I wouldn't be carrying it.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    ... knife has not only grown on me, it just does everything a regular suburban guy needs it to do...
    I really want the P’Kal to work for me, but I don’t get reliable wave deployment from the lower pocket corner of the pants I wear.

When used as designed, from the upper side of the pocket, it works great, especially in jeans. But I don’t wear jeans.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I really want the P’Kal to work for me, but I don’t get reliable wave deployment from the lower pocket corner of the pants I wear.

When used as designed, from the upper side of the pocket, it works great, especially in jeans. But I don’t wear jeans.
    I have pretty much the same problem with waved knives (and pants)
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I wear mostly jeans and I often carry it in the left side pocket (without changing the clip side, so like a regular waved knife) and it doesn't give me trouble. However, I had to practice quite a bit to figure out how to make it work (angle it outward when you grip it before you withdraw it) and to get reliable results. I think that the "wave" is too think for "regular" wave deployment.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I have pretty much the same problem with waved knives (and pants)
    My Yojimbo live and trainer with 5x5 wave work effortlessly. And my ZT0620 also.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Seem that Spyderco has discontinued most of their ZDP189 knives, including my favorite DF2

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic...466096&t=87983
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I dumped the Smock for this beauty. Manix 2 S30V-G10
    Name:  A8D3E9EF-5446-4F67-86B1-630E607DFDFF.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  63.9 KB

Video with Michael Janich that may be of interest: Evolution of the Wharncliffe

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Seem that Spyderco has discontinued most of their ZDP189 knives, including my favorite DF2

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic...466096&t=87983
    Replaced with K390

Special request for a favor: does anyone own both a Delica 4 and a Dragonfly 2? If so, would you mind possibly posting a picture of them, opened, side by side?

I like my Dragonfly 2 a lot, but at times I kind of want something I can get more than 2 and 1/2 fingers on. Ideally the grip part would be about 4”. It’s just a little hard to tell how big the Delica is online.

Thanks!

User Tag List