Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Anybody out there that has both a Shaman and a PM2 willing to take some side by side comparison pics? Things like open length, closed length, width. Asking for a friend........that looks suspiciously like me.
    Weight is important to me and the pm2 is decent amount lighter.

Also the owner of Spyderco does not believe in flicking or flipping or inertia opening If you watched the vids.

Site Supporter

Lynch clip on Yojimbo 2

Gentlemen - I'm most pleased with my deep carry Lynch clip: https://www.lynchnw.com/clips. The knife sits much lower in the pocket and the clip isn't reminiscent of a 1956 Chevy bumper. Highly recommended.

Spyderco OEM clip:

Name:  Spyderco Yojimbo 2 w OEM clip.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  28.5 KB

Lynch clip:

Name:  Spyderco Yojimbo 2 w Lynch NW clip in pocket.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  32.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    They definitely are my cup of... coffee (not tea). But anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing how the waved Para2 works out. So far, I prefer my ZT 0620 Emerson to most of the Spydercos, but it is discontinued. My favorite waved Spydercos are the P'Kal and the Yojimbo2 with a 5x5 Pickpocket aftermarket wave.
    I don't exclusively carry waved knives but every knife I have that is not waved is mildly disappointing.

I bought the waved PM2 the minute it came out. I have only carried it three or four days, but I think that I think it sucks. It does not open well at all. I guess it's the leverage or something. If someone's interested in it PM me.

This is one of my rare non-Spyderco days...Name:  zt.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  39.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Gentlemen - I'm most pleased with my deep carry Lynch clip: https://www.lynchnw.com/clips. The knife sits much lower in the pocket and the clip isn't reminiscent of a 1956 Chevy bumper. Highly recommended.

Spyderco OEM clip:

Name:  Spyderco Yojimbo 2 w OEM clip.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  28.5 KB

Lynch clip:

Name:  Spyderco Yojimbo 2 w Lynch NW clip in pocket.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  32.9 KB
    Lynch makes awesome stuff....The trade-off is a knife that is more difficult to get a master grip on if it is much larger than a Delica.

Great for NPE's.

I wish spyderco would go back to black clips and I would pay for DLC versions.

I soak my crome clips in etchant (mild acid) to dull them and then flame them to darken for a non shiny case hardened look.

My tiny Spyderco and my integral Spyderco Paysan. The Paysan is available if someone is looking for one.

My fanboy-ism thus far...

PM2 that I've had for a few years, a Para 3 lightweight that I'm really liking, a Chaparral that's good for dressier occasions (very thin -- works well in suit pants), and a ClipiTool that I got mostly because of the bottle opener feature, but also as a supplement to the bigger, scarier knives (it may get pulled out in lieu of the PM2 depending on the company).

Name:  C43FBBA8-10D0-4784-971C-B037B758F328.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  101.2 KB

Wife knows what a Spyderco fanboy I am. So her and my four year old daughter picked this out for me for a Father’s Day gift. It came a little early, but I am very very pleased.

It’s definitely bigger than the regular Manix 2, but in the hand it just feels awesome. I had to cut something with it, so I hacked up a couple of cardboard boxes. That went very well. If initial impressions are correct, this will be a favorite for years to come even without the obvious sentimental attachment I’m gonna have to it.

Who of you wharncliffe degenerates is planning to get the new Spyderco Yojumbo???

Site Supporter
    Not necessarily a warncliff fanboy... but considering the yojumbo. The wife says I am compensating for something...but I really dunno what she means.

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Who of you wharncliffe degenerates is planning to get the new Spyderco Yojumbo???
    I am, but I only have one other wharncliffe; but I'm sure I am a degenerate in other ways.
    --Jason--

User Tag List