Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    One more. Ulize; Street beat:
    I wish I had kept the Ulize I had a few years ago. A cool knife.

My only Spyderco at the moment but carry it everyday for a good 2 years now

Manix 2 XL

And yes that is an ESEE 4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After trying the Para 3 for a week I think I'm going to go back to the PM 2. Carrying it reaffirmed my feeling that it was too small for me.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    After trying the Para 3 for a week I think I'm going to go back to the PM 2. Carrying it reaffirmed my feeling that it was too small for me.
    The PM3 seems like it has a large handle:blade ratio.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I find myself wanting a nasty super slicer Spyderco because I’m spoiled by their incredible edges. Then realize it’s not so great at construction sites. Fragile tips and thin edges. Hence me looking at a manix and shaman instead of a pm2, military or watu. That molecule slicing sharpness is addictive and hard to not pick.

My heart wants a Watu, PM2 or some other super slicer. My job wants a shaman or manix.
    Last edited by newyork; 05-10-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I find myself wanting a nasty super slicer Spyderco because I’m spoiled by their incredible edges. Then realize it’s not so great at construction sites. Fragile tips and thin edges. Hence me looking at a manix and shaman instead of a pm2, military or watu. That molecule slicing sharpness is addictive and hard to not pick.

My heart wants a Watu, PM2 or some other super slicer. My job wants a shaman or manix.
    NY, the Manix 2 is actually thinner stock than the PM2, though the leaf shaped blade may be slightly less vulnerable at the tip. I can't quantify that, however.

The Manix 2 has a heavier duty frame, though. What that adds, I'm not certain.

So, I think if robust build and perhaps more durability at the tip of the blade is more important, I'd go Shaman. Just my opinion.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It's not a huge difference but noticable for me.
    Attachment 53761

Attachment 53762
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter

My Spydercos

Name:  Spyderco Collection.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  81.6 KB

Genzo HatchetHawk
    Yojimbo 2
    Ronin 2
    PM 2

Spyderco makes good stuff, at good prices. The Yojimbo gets the most use. All are very sharp. The HatchetHawk compels me to grow a beard and pillage something.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It sort of does but the handle is far more important than the blade length.... Even a two or so inch blade with a usable handle is far better than a 3-in blade with a small s***** handle.

Spyderco designs a lot of its blade lengths to fit into jurisdictional laws.

Janich carved a number of paramilitaries into two and a half inch blades for federal buildings and for Chicago laws..... Still have a large usable handle that gives you a lot of leverage

Many people complain that the delica needs a bigger blade because of the handle....... However then you would take a knife with a great usable handle and move it up a size that would make it illegal in many places.

I have a PM3 and even if blade lengths were only allowed to be 3 inches here ......hard pass...... It's now a car knife or garage knife.

if I lived in a 3-in jurisdiction I would likely take an endura and carve the blades down to 3 in..... Way better handle with gloves etc than a Delica.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    NY, the Manix 2 is actually thinner stock than the PM2, though the leaf shaped blade may be slightly less vulnerable at the tip. I can't quantify that, however.

The Manix 2 has a heavier duty frame, though. What that adds, I'm not certain.

So, I think if robust build and perhaps more durability at the tip of the blade is more important, I'd go Shaman. Just my opinion.
    What about the Manix 2 XL vs the Shaman? Tips, edge etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

User Tag List