Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
Results 641 to 647 of 647

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

  1. #641
    Another vote for the GB2. That's the most recent Spyderco I picked up.
    Perhaps take a look a the sheepsfoot LC200 Caribbean for something different. I really like mine. Another option is the Amalgam. Or if you want to big the Subvert is cool.

  2. #642
    Site Supporter rob_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE FL
    Name:  F72A6E6D-6C84-4170-9606-1DDCBA508AC7.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  78.6 KB


    Name:  893E9AA7-B3FB-491B-BCCC-7C8189DB6FCE.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  29.5 KB


    Name:  5BA79DAC-2432-4A1D-84A7-9791BD27AF85.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  49.1 KB


    Name:  82FA4573-B497-43B4-B2AB-1CB310AF14CE.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  65.9 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

  3. #643
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Name:  F72A6E6D-6C84-4170-9606-1DDCBA508AC7.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  78.6 KB


    Name:  893E9AA7-B3FB-491B-BCCC-7C8189DB6FCE.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  29.5 KB


    Name:  5BA79DAC-2432-4A1D-84A7-9791BD27AF85.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  49.1 KB


    Name:  82FA4573-B497-43B4-B2AB-1CB310AF14CE.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  65.9 KB
    Rob, what pants are those? I like the Sap pocket and I could probably get by with them at work. Also what clip is that? Thanks.

  4. #644
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Another vote for the GB2. That's the most recent Spyderco I picked up.
    Perhaps take a look a the sheepsfoot LC200 Caribbean for something different. I really like mine. Another option is the Amalgam. Or if you want to big the Subvert is cool.
    I'm solidly between the GB2 and the spydiechef

    I like cooking with my folders but the gb2 looks simply awesome. There's some pics of acid washed ones I found online and it would be fun to go that direction.

  5. #645
    Site Supporter rob_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Rob, what pants are those? I like the Sap pocket and I could probably get by with them at work. Also what clip is that? Thanks.
    Not pants, but shorts. Columbia.
    https://www.columbia.com/p/mens-pfg-...s-1577201.html


    Pocket clip is this
    https://www.amazon.com/KeySmart-Nano.../dp/B09SBMQSW5
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

  6. #646
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Apparently Spyderco's H1 steel is going away because the supplier is no more. They are transitioning to "H2" steel. I'm a big fan of H1 and have ordered a couple of Salts just in case H2 isn't as good or they change the scale color, as they did with the LC200N Seki models.
    I have a Native Salt and often carry it. I like the steel, didn't care for the knife originally but now am fine with it. I hope they do an Endela Salt in yellow soon. If they do I'll likely order two in both SE and PE and be done spending money on knives for a long time.

    I'm on the fence about ordering another Pacific Salt before H1 goes away. The Endela is a better size for me, but I spent a lot of years carrying a Pacific Salt or Endura and have many good experiences with them.

  7. #647
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    In the desert, looking for water.
    Name:  14538651-A638-4285-8465-CBE5BDDBE022.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  86.8 KB

    I have heard for years what wonderful tools Benchmade Mini Griptilians are. I have never seen one with a blade Iíd like, due to the shape, grind, and stud used, until this one came along.

    Itís too darn small: I canít safely close it one handed, and actually using it puts my index finger in danger. Sigh. So Iíll give it away or sell it.

    On the other hand, I was reading this thread the other day and looked up the Stretch. It landed at my place today. Almost identical blade shape, better grind, and I can actually use it. Pretty excited!

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •