Page 75 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Fun Fact, the H1 Pacific Salt is what has been issued in the survival vest/ body armor that USMC helicopter squadrons have used since about 2011-12 or so. I know I have two that I deployed with. On one hand, a great option as they will never rust and H1 is very tough, on the other hand, H1 doesn’t seem to hold an edge that long and it seems pretty fragile as a folder. Pretty easy to sharpen though and very lightweight. I do wonder why they coated a corrosion resistant blade - but I guess “tactical “ is the answer.
    Kind of a weird fact about H1 is that its 'work hardening,' and the act of grinding it increases the hardness.

So PE H1 has pretty mediocre edge retention, similar to Aus 8 / a bit better then 420HC (and subsequently sharpens very easily.) RC hardness is reportedly in the 56-57 zone.

But on the flipside, the act of grinding Serrations into the blade dramatically boosts the hardness - reportedly as high as RC 67. Spyderco has reported that SE H1 has the longest edge retention in CATRA testing of any of the blade steels they produce.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Kind of a weird fact about H1 is that its 'work hardening,' and the act of grinding it increases the hardness.

So PE H1 has pretty mediocre edge retention, similar to Aus 8 / a bit better then 420HC (and subsequently sharpens very easily.) RC hardness is reportedly in the 56-57 zone.

But on the flipside, the act of grinding Serrations into the blade dramatically boosts the hardness - reportedly as high as RC 67. Spyderco has reported that SE H1 has the longest edge retention in CATRA testing of any of the blade steels they produce.
    I knew there was a legitimate reason I’m still mad that they discontinued the serrated version and I had to settle for the non serrated ARK!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

DLT Trading S90V PM2 sale

DLT Trading dropped the price of their exclusive PM2 with OD Green scales and DLC coated S90V blade to only 139.99: https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-...cpm-s90v-blade

Bought a new PM2 as my daily because I had thought I lost my Sebby, turns out it was just buried in my friend's tote. Not sure what I'm going to do with it now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    DLT Trading dropped the price of their exclusive PM2 with OD Green scales and DLC coated S90V blade to only 139.99: https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-...cpm-s90v-blade
    That’s a hard deal to pass up! Must resist!

Site Supporter

Canis

This is my latest - the Canis.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/det...is-trade-/1881

I added a Lynch clip:

https://www.lynchnw.com/clips/spyder...-titanium-clip

I am very impressed by this knife. I love the blade shape. The CPM S30V blade is well centered and extremely sharp. The action is very smooth.

Name:  20221128_091222.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  20221128_091251.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  44.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Spyderco is having a seconds sale for Cyber Monday. The website is slow but they have Yojumbo's still showing, plus some others. Trying to get a lightweight Manix.
    https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/cat...ory+seconds%21
    --Jason--

What model is this Spyderco, please?

From @Tamara 's blog: Name:  Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 8.21.04 AM.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  52.6 KB

Very reminiscent of the REKAT Hobbit (which I missed out on). Love the belly on this thing! Belly is where it's at! (One look at me and you can tell I'm a big fan of the belly...) And (I'm assuming this is no longer produced by Spyderco) any ideas on where a fella might score one? TIA.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Very reminiscent of the REKAT Hobbit (which I missed out on). Love the belly on this thing! Belly is where it's at! (One look at me and you can tell I'm a big fan of the belly...) And (I'm assuming this is no longer produced by Spyderco) any ideas on where a fella might score one? TIA.
    That's a Spyderco Pygmy Warrior, basically a production version of the REKAT Hobbit.

Long out of production, yeah, but you can still find them for sale out on the web. I got a screaming deal on this one at a gun show here in Indy back in '18 or '19.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That's a Spyderco Pygmy Warrior, basically a production version of the REKAT Hobbit.

Long out of production, yeah, but you can still find them for sale out on the web. I got a screaming deal on this one at a gun show here in Indy back in '18 or '19.
    Ahhh, thank you very much. I found some references to the Pygmy Warrior before posting, but wasn't sure. Let the search begin! Thanks again.

ETA: Well dang! For some reason, I thought this was a folder (although those serrations on the spine would make that... tricky). I see that it is a fixed blade (which is what threw me off earlier). Oh well, may still kick around and see what I can find. If anyone knows of a folder with a similar blade profile, I would love to hear about that.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

User Tag List