Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Amazon is, (or was last time I checked), an authorized Spyderco vendor. That doesn't necessarily go for third party vendors nor does it address issues I referred to above.
    Being an authorized vendor does not authorize one to sell counterfeits or to be a participant in the sale of counterfeits.

However, you do make a good point that the advice to buy from authorized dealers may need to be better worded in this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Being an authorized vendor does not authorize one to sell counterfeits or to be a participant in the sale of counterfeits.

However, you do make a good point that the advice to buy from authorized dealers may need to be better worded in this case.

When I've purchased knives from amazon, I've made sure that they were the seller as opposed to a vendor fulfilled by amazon. Amazon buys from Spyderco, but sometimes the orders are fulfilled via amazon as well as third party vendors. (Unless the third party vendor is an outfit I am familiar with.)

I will always recommend using any of several major online (authorized) dealerships, but that does not mean that one cannot buy from amazon, especially if one is willing to do one's homework.

The prices are virtually identical everywhere anyway.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    When I've purchased knives from amazon, I've made sure that they were the seller as opposed to a vendor fulfilled by amazon. Amazon buys from Spyderco, but sometimes the orders are fulfilled via amazon as well as third party vendors. (Unless the third party vendor is an outfit I am familiar with.)

I will always recommend using any of several major online (authorized) dealerships, but that does not mean that one cannot buy from amazon, especially if one is willing to do one's homework.

That is a good explanation of how to safely buy from Amazon.

I doubt Amazon would knowingly sell a fake, but with third party vendors the risk is there. They cannot know what every vendor is selling, but once they know, they cannot ignore it.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    That is a good explanation of how to safely buy from Amazon.

I doubt Amazon would knowingly sell a fake, but with third party vendors the risk is there. They cannot know what every vendor is selling, but once they know, they cannot ignore it.

Sadly, Amazon and ebay know that thousands/millions of fakes pass through their systems and essentially nothing is done. You'd wish that they cannot ignore it, but yet...

Fällkniven has to provide a tutorial for recognizing fakes, which have flooded the market. Caveat emptor.

Site Supporter

This

My order was fulfilled by a 3rd party vendor- "Daniel Supersharp". Blues' advice is spot on. ELN

This fact right here, coupled with the fact that Bezos doesn’t really need any more money, have kept me buying knives at other locations online. Mostly BladeHQ, but there are others too. The fact that I also trust that what I buy from BladeHQ, Knifeworks, etc will be legit is a big plus also.

She sure is pretty!
    Name:  IMG_20200603_185953.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  22.7 KB

Anybody out there that has both a Shaman and a PM2 willing to take some side by side comparison pics? Things like open length, closed length, width. Asking for a friend........that looks suspiciously like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Anybody out there that has both a Shaman and a PM2 willing to take some side by side comparison pics? Things like open length, closed length, width. Asking for a friend........that looks suspiciously like me.

There's nothing civil about this war.

The fake thing is disconcerting.

On the other hand, I recently found a foolproof work-around by buying another blade directly from Tom Halloran. #motivatedbyauthenticity

I’ll post a thread with pics later.

User Tag List