Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Ulize
    My first Spyderco. Admired much, carried little.

Name:  IMG_20200503_194249.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  47.0 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Has anyone tried a deep-carry clip for the PM3? As shipped, here's a lot of grip sticking out, relative to the size of the knife.

https://mxggear.com/products/custom-...pyderco-para-3
    This one will be going on my Para 3 as soon as I find my Torx bit. I like them much better than the factory clip.

Attachment 53342
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Has anyone tried a deep-carry clip for the PM3? As shipped, here's a lot of grip sticking out, relative to the size of the knife.
    Yes, I have the Lynch clips on my Para 3s, it's a necessary upgrade, the stock clip position sucks. Go with the Lynch clips, he's a solid dude worth supporting.
    https://www.lynchnw.com/clips/lynchn...eep-carry-clip

Site Supporter
    I wouldn't say I'm a fanboy, but Spydies are my go to brand for folders. I've pretty much narrowed it down to Para 3s and Delicas. My current EDC is a Para 3 in carbon fiber with a 52100 blade. A Lynch clip was added later. I should've picked up a second while they were still available.
    Name:  20200504_005454.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  21.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Yes, I have the Lynch clips on my Para 3s, it's a necessary upgrade, the stock clip position sucks. Go with the Lynch clips, he's a solid dude worth supporting.
    https://www.lynchnw.com/clips/lynchn...eep-carry-clip
    Those look really nice!

I’ve tried a couple of aftermarket clips in the past, and was disappointed. Lynch clips look a lot better, and I’ll probably be purchasing at least a couple of them.

Other important things to add:
    - Lynch designed this style of clip first and only later did MXG magically start selling the same design.
    - Lynch clips are made in the USA. No mention of place of manufacture for MXG, so you decide what that may mean.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    What Torx sizes do we need to be planning for and what driver sets do we like?

A bit of research on Amazon etc. yields Chapman (Made in USA), Tekton (Made in Taiwan), Wiha (most made in Germany) and a slew of chinese one to include the iFixit brand which reviews very well.

l-r: Jess Horn lightweight, one of first folders I ever bought; Delica with clip set up for left-hand carry (took a few snubby classes from Michael deBethencourt, he was big on snubby in the strong-side pocket with folder on the offside); Endura; Perrin Street Bowie.

Name:  IMG-0442.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  37.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    What Torx sizes do we need to be planning for and what driver sets do we like?

A bit of research on Amazon etc. yields Chapman (Made in USA), Tekton (Made in Taiwan), Wiha (most made in Germany) and a slew of chinese one to include the iFixit brand which reviews very well.
    In general, T6 to T10. T6 for pocket clips. I have Wiha, Craftsman and bits from Lee Valley Tools. They all work fine.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List