Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington state bans knives on public transportation

Site Supporter

Washington state bans knives on public transportation

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

We really need SCOTUS to take and rule on the "Arms" cases headed their way. Furthermore I believe there should be consequences for politicians who violate their oath to uphold the Constitution.

The good news is we have legalized j-walking and reduced penalties for drive-bys because those laws disproportionately target people who do those things.

That is a poorly written law, but this seems to exempt CPL holders:

"(14) Subsection (1)(f), (g), and (h) of this section does not
    apply to a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm pursuant to
    RCW 9.41.070."

(f, g, and h are the new sections that ban knives in libraries, zoos, and transit respectively)

I agree the opening sentence "AN ACT Relating to restricting the possession of weapons,
    excluding carrying a pistol by a person licensed to carry a concealed
    pistol, on the premises of libraries, zoos, aquariums, and transit facilities" implies otherwise.

IANAL, so I look forward to their interpretation.

I’ve said it before: this state used to be cool.

Beware a mono party majority.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    The good news is we have legalized j-walking and reduced penalties for drive-bys because those laws disproportionately target people who do those things.
    The word Anarcho-Tyranny comes to mind….

This will surely make a difference.
    #RESIST

I don't know. I'll just continue to carry a knife until they arrest me I guess. I do have a CPL however.

To me it's like buying a firearm at a dealer, fill out a bunch of paperwork, have the state run a BC, and wait 10 days before I can take possession. The entire time I'm doing the paperwork, I'm standing there legally carrying a concealed pistol. There has to be more than a few idiots in the WA legislature.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I don't use public transportation in the Portland metro area anyway, but this would seal the deal.

Busses and light rail will just be mobile homeless shelters, open-air latrines, and Mad Max thunderdome arenas.

Kind of like the 3rd class cars from Snowpiercer...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Well, violating their oath to support the Constitution - aren't some candidates going to trial for that (guess who)?

Scotus is turning out to be pretty worthless on implementation of Bruen. It was overly complex with a rule being challenged on historical grounds. They remanded cases into the void. They don't take TROs cases on an emergency basis. Some cases are tangential or trivial. AWBs and carry bans are the crucial variance and crickets. In today's world - hearing a case and waiting almost a year for a decision doesn't fly anymore, esp. on major rights issues.

I wonder if this is an attempt to give grounds to search and bust sketchy people on transport. As you probably have seen NYC is having subway crime problems and instituting searches. The grounds for such might be a problem - so this might be the same thing?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List