Page 54 of 102 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Matriarch

In case anyone here wants to see it:

Question for knife owners with Emerson Waves…

Is there a different clip that can facilitate draws AIWB?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    In case anyone here wants to see it:

Question for knife owners with Emerson Waves…

Is there a different clip that can facilitate draws AIWB?
    That is a good question, IMHO. Being all captain NPE at work, myself, I tend to end up with small folders in exactly that role, and I’ve found that the wave doesn’t work for me from AIWB. My Matriarch—which I’ve lugged around a fair bit since getting it—is unwaved. I ended up taking the bespoke, bolt-on wave attachment off of my Civilian for the same reason.

There are clips out there that will allow for deeper carry—though I’m not sure that will help.

I’ve also found, over time, that I prefer tip up carry for front pants pocket and tip down carry for waistband. If set up for tip down carry, the waved Matriarch in essence becomes a plain spyderco with a little guard on it, as the wave is taken out of play on the draw.

Anyhoo… that’s what I’ve got on the matter.

Actually, that’s not all I’ve got. Let me see if I can get a buddy in here who has hacked the P’kal wave using kydex and shock cord: another way to go is to concoct an AIWB kydex rig that incorporates a wave trigger—eg. Shock cord loop—to guarantee deployment.

This is the sort of thing that comes when short fixed blades (SFBs) are verboten, but a folder of whatever length is legal…

@SLUZENE
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Thank you!

@Totem Polar

Thanks!

@JCS helped point out that compressing the clip makes it harder to draw (that’s how noobish I am to knives).

Thanks all!

Having played a bit with the Lightweight Para 3 in CPM SPY27 a bit now... I am really liking this knife. Carries about the same as my old Delica, its not much bigger, and still very light. It has stayed pretty sharp even with a little box cutting/opening abuse, some utility use at work, and minor food prep. I probably should touch up the blade a bit with a stone or something, but a couple light strokes to each side on my kitchen steel ( I know, not the best tool) seem to have brought the edge back to near factory sharp again. I don't think the steel is some super wonder steel, for sure, but I'm very happy with the knife so far.

I have not had any problems with the wire clip yet, and I'm trying to give it a fair shake, since I've not used one before. I think the wire clips look cheap/weak, vs the traditional clip. I do like the "deep carry" aspect of it. If it comes loose, or I decide I hate it, I'll probably order a Lynch NW clip for it. So far, it doesn't seem necessary. I'd almost dare say the Para 3 size knife is perfect for my needs. I may have to get a G10 model eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Having played a bit with the Lightweight Para 3 in CPM SPY27 a bit now... I am really liking this knife. Carries about the same as my old Delica, its not much bigger, and still very light. It has stayed pretty sharp even with a little box cutting/opening abuse, some utility use at work, and minor food prep. I probably should touch up the blade a bit with a stone or something, but a couple light strokes to each side on my kitchen steel ( I know, not the best tool) seem to have brought the edge back to near factory sharp again. I don't think the steel is some super wonder steel, for sure, but I'm very happy with the knife so far.

I have not had any problems with the wire clip yet, and I'm trying to give it a fair shake, since I've not used one before. I think the wire clips look cheap/weak, vs the traditional clip. I do like the "deep carry" aspect of it. If it comes loose, or I decide I hate it, I'll probably order a Lynch NW clip for it. So far, it doesn't seem necessary. I'd almost dare say the Para 3 size knife is perfect for my needs. I may have to get a G10 model eventually.
    Wire clips are generally good. I don't think thy hold quite as well as the stamped ones but they tear up clothes less.

I found it! Only two more missing.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I'll play.
    Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2 with custom acid wash liners, micarta scales and Lynch clip.

Name:  20220122_133051.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  69.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I found it! Only two more missing.

You must misplace a lot of knives. If I lost one, I'd be beside myself.

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I'll play.
    Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2 with custom acid wash liners, micarta scales and Lynch clip.

Name:  20220122_133051.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  69.4 KB
    🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    You must misplace a lot of knives. If I lost one, I'd be beside myself.

Yes I do but they normally show up at some point.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List