Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Everyone has their own preferences.

I have never cared for the wave feature on knives. Others love them. Don't make me no never mind.
    +1.

I have found that a waved blade can get fouled on a duty holster, and can slice up a cover garment.

ETA- That being said, I really dig the concept, and often contemplate a waved Delica.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 09-22-2022 at 07:39 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    +1.

I have found that a waved blade can get fouled on a duty holster, and can slice up a cover garment.
    I have waved Yojimbo and Yojumbo (add on attachments) no issues thus far. With the Matriarch, I've cut some clothing. I think the thumb hole is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    One of our members just had two knives stolen out of the USPS box, last week. Spyderco said the box arrived empty

Waves angrily, to Spyderco's credit they did offer me 40% off a knife in their catalog but I was not sure what I wanted to buy at that time to replace the delica and endela that were suppose to be in their hands for sharpening etc.

I think I am leaning Para 2...I wish I could find a para 2 with a spyderedge. Anyone have any leads? I see most are sold out everywhere.

ETA: So I happen to make a living climbing in and out of fire engines about 20 times a shift. I have had issues in the past with the standard spyderco pocket clip and it getting caught on my radio, doors etc during a 24 hour tour. Has anyone had luck with aftermarket clips? I see Lynch Clips make a titanium version that appears to be WAY more durable and less bend-resistant for about $20. I think I may give one a shot and toss it on an endela and see how it goes before diving head first into a para 2.
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 09-22-2022 at 08:20 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

Let us know what you do.
    Thank you for the recommendation, based on that and some light perusing of the Spyderco subreddit (oddly the least cringey knife-centric forum I’ve found, but still pretty cringey) I ordered a Para 3. Also ordered a waved dragonfly and a H1 dragonfly; successfully resisted a Matriarch 2. So a good cover the bases trio and I’ll pass the Delica along to the better half to replace her current folder.

Now to, hopefully, throw some other blades on the FSOT subforum.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 09-24-2022 at 12:07 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Waves angrily, to Spyderco's credit they did offer me 40% off a knife in their catalog but I was not sure what I wanted to buy at that time to replace the delica and endela that were suppose to be in their hands for sharpening etc.

I think I am leaning Para 2...I wish I could find a para 2 with a spyderedge. Anyone have any leads? I see most are sold out everywhere.

ETA: So I happen to make a living climbing in and out of fire engines about 20 times a shift. I have had issues in the past with the standard spyderco pocket clip and it getting caught on my radio, doors etc during a 24 hour tour. Has anyone had luck with aftermarket clips? I see Lynch Clips make a titanium version that appears to be WAY more durable and less bend-resistant for about $20. I think I may give one a shot and toss it on an endela and see how it goes before diving head first into a para 2.
    I found my Lynch Clip to bend easier, not hold as well, and gets caught on things easier because it's a little bigger.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I found my Lynch Clip to bend easier, not hold as well, and gets caught on things easier because it's a little bigger.

This does not make me happy. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Site Supporter

I have found these clips to be superior to the factory clips.

https://mxggear.com/collections/spyderco

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have found these clips to be superior to the factory clips.

https://mxggear.com/collections/spyderco

I only have one of their clips...on a ZT...but I really like it. It was a nice upgrade.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Either a lower cargo pocket on your pants or a belt mounted Kydex sheath

The Lynch clip is thin titanium, so it is in fact MUCH easier to bend than steel clips. I’ve had to remove Lynch clips to bend them back into place multiple times. As much as I love the deep carry Lynch clips, I purposefully have a couple of Spydercos with the stock clip to give me a stringer clip.

If you routinely catch/bend the steel clips then you’ll destroy a Lynch clip.

User Tag List