Page 98 of 103 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    SPYDERCO C186TIPBL KNIFEJOY EXCLUSIVE SLYSZ BOWIE
    I like that design a lot, but wish the handle had some texture.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I like that design a lot, but wish the handle had some texture.
    I'm most likely going to have mine orange peeled, it may be more aesthetic than functional, but should add a little traction.

Site Supporter
    PM2 Salt in Magnacut available on Spyderco's website. Retail is high, but first responder pricing is aggressive. Just placed my order, I've been waiting for this to be released since I saw then announced last year.

Site Supporter
    May I ask what makes it so expensive?
    Is the steel something special?
    Or just a limited edition, so priced accordingly?

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    SPYDERCO C186TIPBL KNIFEJOY EXCLUSIVE SLYSZ BOWIE

A little too rich for me at $450, but damn.

Available 2/29/24 10:30 am CST. Limit one per customer.

https://www.knifejoy.com/products/sp...th-blue-handle

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    May I ask what makes it so expensive?
    Is the steel something special?
    Or just a limited edition, so priced accordingly?
    There's only been 2 runs of them. The originals sell at like 3X the original retail. This run sold out in 27 min. I'm not saying M390 is the best steel out there, but it's pretty good. I think it was priced slightly high, but for a Ti framelock in M390 that's a limited run collaboration, I don't think it was overpriced. I have zero doubt that if I decide I don't like it I can get my money back in a day out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    PM2 Salt in Magnacut available on Spyderco's website. Retail is high, but first responder pricing is aggressive. Just placed my order, I've been waiting for this to be released since I saw then announced last year.
    Interesting I always thought the salt line meant a certain steel and it looks like that was correct but they now consider magnacut “worthy” of salt name.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/det...aCut-reg-/2504

CPM MagnaCut is a revolutionary knife steel that challenges the logic of conventional metallurgy to deliver an outstanding balance of edge retention, toughness, and extreme corrosion resistance. Based on our extensive in-house testing, Spyderco determined it to be worthy of inclusion in our elite Salt® Series of knives.The precision-machined blade of this Para Military 2 Salt takes full advantage of MagnaCut’s remarkable qualities. Full-flat ground for optimal edge geometry, it is paired with a handle featuring G-10 scales with alternating black and yellow layers. Spyderco’s signature Caribbean Bi-Directional Texture™ pattern is painstakingly machined into the scale surfaces, revealing the underlying yellow layer and creating a high-visibility, color-contrasting, non-slip pattern. Consistent with its Salt theme, the knife’s nested liners, fully configurable four- position pocket clip, and all other hardware are crafted from fearlessly corrosion-resistant marine-grade materials.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Slysz designs will up the price quite a bit. This is the case with a handful of designers whose patterns are built by Spyderco, primarily in Taichung.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Name:  20240304_173740.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  33.4 KB

"Consistent with its Salt theme, the knife’s nested liners, fully configurable four- position pocket clip, and all other hardware are crafted from fearlessly corrosion-resistant marine-grade materials."

Fearlessly corrosion-resistant marine-grade materials???

"Fearlessly corrosion-resistant, that's some seriously Cro-Magna ad copy there.

Whoever wrote that needs to be castrated with a dull Delica.

Gringop (fearlessly stupid marketing resistant)
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by gringop View Post
    "Consistent with its Salt theme, the knife’s nested liners, fully configurable four- position pocket clip, and all other hardware are crafted from fearlessly corrosion-resistant marine-grade materials."

Fearlessly corrosion-resistant marine-grade materials???

"Fearlessly corrosion-resistant, that's some seriously Cro-Magna ad copy there.

Whoever wrote that needs to be castrated with a dull Delica.

Gringop (fearlessly stupid marketing resistant)
    I assume this is quoted from the magnacut salt marketing material?

Personally I don't give a damn how they describe it. Living in Florida and having taken various Salt knives in and out of oceans and rivers and pools without so much as dripping them dry and having never found a speck of rust, I'm sold.

I just hope the Magnacut version isn't simply “almost as good so let's call it salt too”.

I wish someone would make a multi-tool fully out of whatever steel is in the Salt line.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List