Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I think, maybe, if I’d bought a mini Griptilian instead of a full-size Griptilian then I may have never become the Spyderco fanboy that I am. My big Grip was kind of a chunk in my pocket so I bought a Para 3. I fell in love with that Para 3, and next thing I knew it had somehow multiplied into a perhaps overboard collection of folding knives with bugs on the blades.... some of which are a good bit larger than the full sized Griptilian (Manix 2XL for example).

I’ve never actually owned a mini griptilian, but I got to handle one after I developed my Spyderco problem and I kinda thought, “Damn, this is nice. I probably could have saved a lot of money if I’d started here.”
    The mini G handle is too small to grip well. Delica way better in this size.

The handle is way more important than the blade in terms of usability.

For fanboys of both the circle and the wave, the Emerson spydies are on sale at Knife Center. I have three (Delica, Dragonfly, and Endura) and they are my most-carried knives.

https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/s...eid=4e2b2324a8

I probably won’t use it much until this spring/summer but I picked up a Spyderco Waterway.

Name:  3F722614-FBE8-43DB-BDE3-544A1A51739D.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  37.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I probably won’t use it much until this spring/summer but I picked up a Spyderco Waterway.

Name:  3F722614-FBE8-43DB-BDE3-544A1A51739D.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  37.2 KB
    Gorgeous!
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Gorgeous!
    I’m pretty excited about it, they are sold out about everywhere but I managed to find one left in stock at a dealer I hadn’t heard of but got good reviews. The grip was super grippy which surprised me. I have a full serrated H1 salt folder in the mail as well.

The current firearms supply chain has me bummed so I plan on redirecting time, energy, and money into more outdoors activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Video with Michael Janich that may be of interest: Evolution of the Wharncliffe

Man... that video really gives me The Wants for a Yojimbo. I didn't "get it" before; now I do.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Man... that video really gives me The Wants for a Yojimbo. I didn't "get it" before; now I do.
    I still have a black V1 Yojimbo I got from Mike when I trained with him back in 2005. I still like that they did the blue handles to fade into jeans better.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I been wanting a Yojimbo, I was really close on the Xmas sale.
    #RESIST

I lucked out and got one during the seconds sale. I like it a lot. I feel bad using it for boring utility tasks like opening mail though since it’s a purpose built defensive knife. I already have a clinch pick as my defensive use only knife though and feel it would be silly for me to carry two defensive knives and no utility blade. The Yojimbo cuts the hell out of packages.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List