Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by momano View Post
    I called Spyderco on Tuesday, they suggested Flitz, which Amazon delivered last night, and this morning the stain is gone. Thanks, all.
    Flitz is the go-to for all knife staining and rust.

For blade cleaning - removing tape residue especially - Zippo fluid works best.

Once you have those 2, you're mostly set as far as blade cleaning.

I typically wipe my EDC blades down with Zippo fluid once a week, while use Flitz 1-2x a year.

Trimmed the big cactus in my front yard today with my CPM-D2 Military today. I've been carrying this guy on and off for 10-12 years now.

Slysz Bowie

My newest Spyderco came in yesterday. I was lucky enough to grab one from the Slysz Bowie drop from Knifejoy.

My initial thoughts are that it is the nicest Spyderco i've owned and probably handled. I don't usually love frame locks for a few reasons. I hate flippers and the careful finger placement necessary to avoid putting pressure on the locker. My previous experiments with frame locks have resulted in them being sold or traded. The only one I've missed is a first gen Umnumzaan. It was a great knife but had a few issues that I couldn't bring myself to overlook.

I'm usually drawn to more rugged and ambi lock designs. The last previous Spyderco that I bought was a Chinook 4. That said, the Slysz bowie checks a lot of boxes for me. It lacks the finger choil that Spyderco loves putting on their knives. It's a good design with a very functional blade shape and size. The full flat ground blade and relatively thin edge makes it a cutting machine with few peers. It is a very practical design. Of critical importance to me, it has the pronounced Spyderhole that can be deployed with either hand with and without gloves.

One of my concerns with frame locks is always inadvertent unlocking. The grip design of the Slysz Bowie seems to negate that issue. Bottom line, this frame lock may be a keeper. I didn't love the blue anodizing in the pictures but in person, it appears more like a dark gray. The color has definitely grown on me.

Name:  20210502_123018.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  100.5 KB
    Last edited by drummer; 05-02-2021 at 11:34 AM.

It must've been a factory second...I see the clip is mounted on the wrong side.

Seriously, though, I've long been curious what all the hoopla is around this knife. Glad to get a well reasoned opinion.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Name:  B482705B-D70B-42D2-A8A3-4C0B0C799C02.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  92.7 KB

My wife is a Spyderco fangirl. This is her collection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Name:  B482705B-D70B-42D2-A8A3-4C0B0C799C02.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  92.7 KB

My wife is a Spyderco fangirl. This is her collection.
    One of us!

I approve.

A couple of mine.

This top one is my main EDC- a Delica in HAP40.

The bottom knife is a Dragonfly in Super Blue/Aogami. I actually sold it and got another Dragonfly but in HAP40. The Ao Ko is just too reactive to carry in a pocket. I keep this one on a keychain along with a Olight i3e EOS & a spare AAA in a Delrin battery capsule from County Comm.

You guys are clearly a sharp group.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    A little "edgy" for my tastes.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    A little "edgy" for my tastes.
    Enough with the puns; we get the point.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List