Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    ...The wife says I am compensating for something...but I really dunno what she means.

pat
    You're compensating for not having enough Spyderco knives.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Para 3 S110V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Yojumbo is in stock at https://www.dlttrading.com/
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Good info.

How is DLT Trading relative to Blade HQ, Knivescenter etc re pricing, customer service etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Good info.

How is DLT Trading relative to Blade HQ, Knivescenter etc re pricing, customer service etc.?
    @RevolverRob
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Good info.

DLT is good-to-go. Usually prices are within pennies of KnifeCenter or BladeHQ.

Solid service overall, very communicative via email and/or phone if you call them.

I've ordered from all three places you mention, my default is DLT Trading. Only downside they tend to have less inventory or at least a more selective inventory than KnifeCenter for instance. But if you want a Yojumbo and they have one - buy with confidence from them.

ETA: Thanks to @Guerrero for tagging me into this thread. I've been doing my level best to avoid it, because I'm definitely a Spyderco Fanboi and I don't need the temptations this thread provides. Like...I do not NEED a Yojumbo with a pick-pocket attached. And yet...I WANT ONE.

DLT is good to go. Many happy customers on the forums.

Virtually every Spyderco dealer sells regular production and sprints at the same price point.

Dealer exclusives are only sold at that one vendor.

Buy with confidence.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Dang. Out of stock, of course. Anyone seen the Canis? What does it bring to the table that the Yojimbo doesn't? Looks like essentially the same blade with some relief in the middle. And not made in Golden, CO.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    ...Anyone seen the Canis? What does it bring to the table that the Yojimbo doesn't? Looks like essentially the same blade with some relief in the middle...
    Haven't handled one, so my answer's based on what's been said about it, including by Janich, who helped shepherd it to market for pal McCann; this project's stopped-and-started a couple times, apparently.

Versus the Yojimbo, the thinned middle in theory yields less resistance when inserted and slicing through something; tip's reinforced for comparatively greater strength up front; handle shape is close to neutral, which some grips do better with.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Thanks. Sounds like a worthwhile evolutionarily step.

User Tag List