Page 87 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    My damascus Endela arrived yesterday. Just in time for Independence Day. Very impressive blade.

Attachment 106730
    Damn, that is pretty.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

The Goddard would be a solid lightweight bigger work knife had i not already impulse bought the stretch a few days prior.

I prefer the stretch ergos but the Goddard can still be choked up on and feels fine in hand.

I like the Goddard blade shape better.

Actions are both similar.

Goddard is lighter but the stretch is by no means heavy for a blade that size.

Handle to blade ratio - the Goddard has a big handle for the smaller blade and you notice it when gripped traditionally. By the same token you don't notice the bigger blade on the stretch.

As it stands i will be moving the Goddard along simply because the stretch will fill my need in the big user class and i generally prefer smaller blades so i don't need redundancy there. Cool blades all around though. I'd like to see more classics brought back in sprints. Like a Starmate
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I’ve become more partial to the Native 5 LW. I don’t fidget with my knives and am old enough to prefer a back lock.

Name:  IMG_2919.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  65.1 KB

Is that Native Salt already the MagnaCut version? I have the LC200N version and have been looking for user reports on how the new steel compares. Thanks!

Yes, it is Magnacut. Received Friday so no significant experience yet.

Got an email today from KnivesShipFree that they are running a summer Spyderco sale on select stuff that may be of interest to some:

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/spyde...r-sale/?page=1

Prices on a couple I checked looked pretty good, including black blade Yojimbo at $151.90:

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/spyde...30v-c85gpbbk2/

They also have the Manbug Wharncliffe serrated at about $40. I know the little knives aren't for everyone, but I get a ton of use out of mine both as backup to a bigger blade and as fifth pocket carry. I find the Wharncliffe/serrated combo very handy as a task knife.

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/spyde...errated-mbkws/

Snagged a stretch 2 lw for 79.99 from knifejoy. If you're looking for a deal on Spyderco, chances are your favorite dealing is running a sale currently. Lots to be had out there.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I jumped in the inventory dump party as well and picked another waved delica and, new to me, a waved matriarch.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Medicine and Big Medicine

Name:  IMG_5691.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  49.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5692.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  52.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I jumped in the inventory dump party as well and picked another waved delica and, new to me, a waved matriarch.
    Name:  IMG_4425.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  82.1 KB

Now to finally bite the bullet and throw some excess stuff on the FSOT forum.

I know it already has a well-known reputation, but that matriarch is mean.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List