Page 77 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Attachment 98419

Since some people are sharing their old school Spyderco knives I thought I'd do the same. The Benchmade was carried for many years between Spydercos. I had a Goddard that I think had carbon fiber scales. I gifted it to LE friend way back when. I wish I could find a G10 scaled Goddard.
    I have that same Benchmade in my desk drawer, as a low-frills alt to my AFCK.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Matriarch w Ring
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FYI

Empire outfitters has a few spydies up for sale. 15% off on top of the sale. Code : SPY

Name:  BF783822-2297-4915-B4E3-15FD2C93D870.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  28.9 KB. Should have made edge in

Spyderco showed the latest prototype of the micro version of the Yojimbo at Shot Show. 2.5" blade length, USA made, deep carry wire clip, full flat instead of hollow grind, looks pretty good.
    Starts at 9:52 in the video:
    Last edited by javemtr; 01-20-2023 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Microjimbo

I'm a big M4 steel fan and have a couple of Spydercos in M4 so never thought I needed a GB2. (Gayle Bradley 2). I was wrong.

Picked this up on bladeforums.com this week from another member there. Great knife...sharp as all get out.

Name:  GB 1.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  66.0 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Adding another from SHOT, with Janich. He covers the Microjimbo starting at 15:23. I liked his Glock 26 comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    ...Microjimbo...
    I really want to like the Yojimbo, and would be all over a smaller version if it had:

1) A symmetrical grip that works when held edge in. 2) A thicker and more durable tip. The Yojimbo grind is so fine that it's almost certain to get bent if used for daily tasks*.

*I get that it's a purpose-build defensive folder, but if I'm going to carry a purpose-built defensive-only knife it will be a Clinch Pick or Pikal. My folders are all multi-purpose.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I really want to like the Yojimbo, and would be all over a smaller version if it had:

1) A symmetrical grip that works when held edge in. 2) A thicker and more durable tip. The Yojimbo grind is so fine that it's almost certain to get bent if used for daily tasks*.

*I get that it's a purpose-build defensive folder, but if I'm going to carry a purpose-built defensive-only knife it will be a Clinch Pick or Pikal. My folders are all multi-purpose.
    Excellent point (so to speak ). I wouldn't be interested in something that could not stand up to some utility use.

User Tag List