Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Try using the zip-tie modification. It works pretty well on most spydercos.
    Thanks, I’d planned on that anyway to see if I even like the concept.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks, I’d planned on that anyway to see if I even like the concept.
    If you decide you like the idea, some Dremel work can make the spydie hole into a wave.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    So much for my revolver fund. $116.00 will be gone on Friday.
    I can't pass up the M4.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230301-165447_Chrome.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  23.4 KB
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    So much for my revolver fund. $116.00 will be gone on Friday.
    I can't pass up the M4.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230301-165447_Chrome.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  23.4 KB
    I just got on the list. I have been wanting to try one.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    The Manix 2 in M4 is a great knife. I’ve had a translucent G10 version for several years now, and it is a favorite, though I don’t carry it often because it is a bit outsized for the work environment I spend most of my days in.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I just got on the list. I have been wanting to try one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    The Manix 2 in M4 is a great knife. I’ve had a translucent G10 version for several years now, and it is a favorite, though I don’t carry it often because it is a bit outsized for the work environment I spend most of my days in.

I've had a lightweight Manix in the past and they are great. So much knife in such a lightweight folder. Now, a ltwt Manix in CPM-M4!? For $117.00!? Yes please!!

I've had the Military and PM2 CPM-M4 knives for over 5 years. The Military I carry as one of my EDC knives. As I've gotten older my dexterity has diminished and the larger Military has been easier to operate. The M4 blade steel has been a workhorse of blade steel. Easy to keep sharp with the Spyderco stones and it just cuts and cuts.
    --Jason--

I was at the IWA show in Nuremberg yesterday and was able to look at Spyderco's display case of prototypes. The Microjimbo is very nice in hand, the proportions feel and look great. I find the Spydiehole a little big for the blade, but who knows. It will also carry much easier in pocket. The full-size Yojimbo is fairly broad in the pocket because of the tall blade. Overall I'm excited.

I've heard that the Para 2 tips break off easily. From personal experience, how true is this?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooosh View Post
    I've heard that the Para 2 tips break off easily. From personal experience, how true is this?
    I carried one for a year or so. Never broke the tip but it's M4 and I didn't pry with it.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Wooosh View Post
    My Para 3 lost the last eighth of an inch after a drop but it is still going strong after a visit to the mothership. I don't treat it the same way as my BM Bushcraft but it's a fine blade design for daily life.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List