Page 86 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    @Irelander, that Damascus was seriously tempting, but my sweat has rusted every edc thing I've ever carried save for Tennifer and my Endura sized Salt.

Visited the Spyderco booth at the NRA convention. Found exactly what I wanted: Delica sized Salt with non-serrated blade. (Really liked that the pocket clip screw holes had a metal insert inside the handle so they wouldn't strip out when I inevitably snag it on something and bend it.) Plus 30% off at the convention...I'll take it!

Whoops, no joy, it was the only one left and they adamantly refused to sell display models. Frig. Consolation prize, they gave me a discount code so I could order one. Even less joy, I can't find them on Spyderco's site and I don't know what that specific model is to try and find one elsewhere.

Anyone got an assist on this?
    https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/det...RN-Yellow/1049

When you go to the page the drop down allows you to pick plain edge or serrated. Just choose whichever Salt model you like and pick the edge you want, if available.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

These Spydercos have all lived in my pocket at one point or another. Fortunately (or unfortunately), my knife purchasing stopped around the fall of 2015 when I got the Paramilitary 2 which stopped me from looking any further in the pocket folder category. From order of preference - 1) Paramilitary 2 (S30V) 2) Stretch in dark blue sprint run (ZDP189) - I also have a brand new backup of that in storage, 3) Pacific Salt 2 w/black blade & black handle (H1), 4) Pacific Salt 2 (yellow handle), and 5) Endura (VG10).
    Name:  20230701_124740.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  41.6 KB

Here is a batch that never made it to pocket carry and are brand new in the collection - 1) Police 3 G10 (VG10), Delica grey handle (VG10, Delica purple handle (VG10), Byrd Cara Cara (8cr13mov), Byrd Cara Cara G-10 (8cr13mov), Endura trainer
    Name:  20230701_124954.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  38.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I'm looking to possibly pickup a new Paramilitary 2 in S45VN and with the compression lock.

This will be my first new Spyderco in years.

How's this lock? I'm not familiar with it.
    I've carried mine since 2015 and love this knife. The lock allows for very smooth and quick deployment. I just disassembled and cleaned it for the first time last week and it was pretty easy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I am currently using a mint(color not condition) native with uncoated m4 and don't find it hard to keep in working condition. It does patina but i can maintain it with a light coat of oil on occasion(no food for me) and it's been going since they dropped without much rust. So i'm not afraid of rust issues in my use and the Goddard is coated as well.

Anyway, I ended up giving in to impulse and a fair bit of FoMO crossed with boredom. I ordered a Goddard last night. Today I went to my favorite local knife shop, Blademan's, with the idea that i was just going to fondle and on the off chance they had a stretch lw I would consider it. That went to hell and I ended up walking away with a Stretch 2xl in Cruwear....

It is big and the straight spine doesn't appeal to me aesthetically but i haven't owned a g10 spyderco in a long time and on the 2xl it is so thin! Not at all like a pm2, which i always felt was a touch girthy. Likely, simply a perception thing because the frn native i'm using is thicker than a pm2 but i don't feel the same way about it.

The 2xl feels great in hand and the g10 is grippy without being sticky. Very much improved over my previous experiences with spyderco g10 scaled knives. It will make a nice weekend user. I love finger choils and the stretch is big without feeling like a sword. Long blades feel like i don't have as much control usually but the ergoes here seem as if that won't be an issue.

Who knows, i may hate it in a few weeks and put it on the swap but in the honeymoon phase, i'm pleased.
    I think the new stretch is the most exciting knife they have come out with in awhile. I love the new look. The original was a great knife - so much faster and easier than the endura to deploy. Great purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/det...RN-Yellow/1049

When you go to the page the drop down allows you to pick plain edge or serrated. Just choose whichever Salt model you like and pick the edge you want, if available.
    Thanks, but I went there first, no joy. I really want it all black with plain edge & actually available for purchase. Came close to ordering a standard Delica 4, but couldn't pull the trigger. The search continues...

Site Supporter
    Thanks, but I went there first, no joy. I really want it all black with plain edge & actually available for purchase. Came close to ordering a standard Delica 4, but couldn't pull the trigger. The search continues...
    BladeHQ is the only place I’ve seen that specific variation even listed, but it’s out of stock: https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyder...k-Knife--71339

There seems to be one available on the bay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/14503360037...3ABFBM-OH3vaNi

H1 PE has poor edge retention in todays world (and it is a myth that it "work hardens")

The LC200 version (green handles) would be much better

Avoid buying Spyderco off "the bay"

Has your sweat rusted VG-10 or S30V or M390?

I have used VG-10 in a saltwater environment and rinsed and wiped down with a bit of oil with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    H1 PE has poor edge retention in todays world (and it is a myth that it "work hardens")

The LC200 version (green handles) would be much better

Avoid buying Spyderco off "the bay"

Has your sweat rusted VG-10 or S30V or M390?

I have used VG-10 in a saltwater environment and rinsed and wiped down with a bit of oil with no problems
    This is also where the Marine "Tuf-Cloth" shines. Since losing my last one, I had forgotten about them until recently a maker whose custom was rusting a bit on me admonished me.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

My damascus Endela arrived yesterday. Just in time for Independence Day. Very impressive blade.

Name:  PXL_20230705_023317960.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  58.3 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List