Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1094

Thread: Spyderco fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    It's also still available in the SpydieChef, which is a great framelock.
    I sort of breezed past this before, not being familiar with the knife.

Price is a definite stretch, as is overall and blade length, but it's for sure a good "hack" to the concept of a low-to-no-maintenance water folder.

Name:  514iwHzIHhL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  14.5 KB

Name:  612fMG3Z1PL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  26.8 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    So do not flick or inertia open your military or Spydie drop it. (I never did any such thing and Spyderco says not to do it)

As stated earlier with enough pressure, the lock slips off the tang, but I still use it around the Homestead because of the geometry.
    Literally the only way I open them. Lol

Guess we will find out.

Recovering Revolverist Totem Polar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    Received this older Delica from a buddy.
    That’s like.. early/mid 90s old. I have a couple of similar vintage delicas, but the clips have all broken off. That’s a cool and unusual knife, with the combo edge.
    Civility is not a tactic or a sentiment. It is the determined choice of trust over cynicism, of community over chaos.
    -George W. Bush

Site Supporter
    I have a Rescue from that era, in AUSA-8

I have one of those around here somewhere, and a similar Rescue model.

Site Supporter
    Thought you guys would think this cool. I have had the USMC issue me two knives in my flight vest for survival equipment. The Gerber 06 Auto earlier on, and since about 2012, this Spyderco Pacific Salt in H1 steel. This exact one has been worn through two deployments and six years of instruction at the school house. It has my initials and last four engraved on it for identification, and I made sure it came with me when I changed aircraft.

Name:  IMG_6990.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  86.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Spyderco Manix Lightweight Salt in CPM MagnaCut
    Excellent no-brainer carry knife, it's so light that you almost forget it's in your pocket. Being part of the Spyderco Salt series, it should be very rust resistant and require minimal maintenance. It also sharpened and deburred very easily to a fantastic edge.
    Attachment 119344
    After I saw this post, I started looking at this knife. My daughter won’t give me back my Salt Tasman Hawkbill knife…. And I lost my second one. I found one of the Manix Salt on eBay used. Basically new. Good price. I prefer the hawkbill, but this is light, agree with your assessment.

Prompted by another thread, but dropping this here for the Spyderco specific: there are some summer sales underway and worth cross shopping, but Smoky Mountain Knife Works (no stake in it, just passing it along) has a good one: 25% off in stock, and coupon LST10OFF23 for an extra 10% applies.

Techno came out to $202.50 pre-tax, Spydie Chef $204.53. Free shipping on $75 plus, too. Ends tomorrow, and stuff is selling.

Just added a Para 3 to my slowly growing collection. Seems to be one of those love it or hate it models in the knife world. Read lots of complaints about the blade to handle ratio but I like a larger size handle I can grip vs a smaller one with my little finger hanging off. Also the clip style and placement seems to be a hang-up for some. I guess I would prefer if the lanyard hole didn't conflict with clip location but the OEM clip is more flat and doesn't snag stuff like a previous deep carry clip I tried and it doesn't dig into my hand as much when I grip hard.

For my hand size, grip on the knife is very good. My thumb locks in to the jimped ramp on the rear of the spydie hole and the G10 is sufficiently grippy without being abrasive...don't yet know how it will treat my jeans pocket though. The knife has a larger top to bottom profile than my old Delica but when in my pocket, I can still easily slip my hand in.

For now it's going to replace my well used Delica...at least until the new wears off!

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List