Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OP Trigger Bar for the PX4

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I am tempted, but my PX4 Subcompacts already have great DA pulls while the SA is just this far away (thumb and forefinger close) from being too light for me to be comfortable. I wonder if I could convert a subcompact to DAO and...
    Can it be too light? Nah, I don't think so. This shouldn't "lighten" the SA. It should just allow you to get back on it quicker. I don't "ride the reset" when shooting pistols. I have pinned the trigger a few times though when practicing double taps with the Px4. First round DA then SA for the second rapidly. I think this will solve it.
    Last edited by medmo; 05-04-2020 at 01:30 AM.

I am tempted, but my PX4 Subcompacts already have great DA pulls while the SA is just this far away (thumb and forefinger close) from being too light for me to be comfortable. I wonder if I could convert a subcompact to DAO and...
    The biggest advantage to me is the rest (shortened to 1/10th inch or less which is like a SIG SRT or PPQ). I don't normally need a super short reset, but virtually all of my guns have a shorter reset than what the PX4 Storm comes with which makes me slightly more apt to not let it out all the way.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Have one on my 92 now, I can get one for my px4!!!

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Can it be too light? Nah, I don't think so. This shouldn't "lighten" the SA. It should just allow you to get back on it quicker. I don't "ride the reset" when shooting pistols. I have pinned the trigger a few times though when practicing double taps with the Px4. First round DA then SA for the second rapidly. I think this will solve it.
    Hmmm...

I have gotten the unintentional second tap on occasion, and now I am not sure if it is the SA pull weight, the reset or a combination of the two. I had best figure this out.

But I really, really don't like shooting pistols with super-light trigger pulls, and my groups with same tend towards flyers.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Will this trigger bar now be the default one included if someone were to order a PX4CC from the website?
    Interested in this as well as the newer carry levers, the barrel cut, NP3 (what all does that go on), etc? (full boat PX4)

I see this being a good option if you plan on competing with the PX4 but as a carry gun, the SA pull is kind of too light for me with the 11# spring. with the limited time at the range, one class, and local matches im starting to get comfortable with it. WITH a shorter reset, I would be a little concerned with accidentally pulling the trigger a second time following the recoil of an initial trigger pull. I would be even more concerned with letting a new shooter shoot my PX4CC with a 11# spring and OP bar because their finger control may not be up to par.

All this to say, I love my PX4CC with just an 11# spring and bicycle grip sleeve. It feels perfect for me.

Hmmm...

I have gotten the unintentional second tap on occasion, and now I am not sure if it is the SA pull weight, the reset or a combination of the two. I had best figure this out.

But I really, really don't like shooting pistols with super-light trigger pulls, and my groups with same tend towards flyers.

The single-action can be made heavier without making the DA heavier. That is not hard to do if that is what you want.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Will this trigger bar now be the default one included if someone were to order a PX4CC from the website?
    Yes, we are updating all that stuff now. It should be ready to go and easy to do shortly. All 6 of the PX4 CC that we did this morning upgraded to the OP trigger bar, 6 of them were full house NP3 guns.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    The single-action can be made heavier without making the DA heavier. That is not hard to do if that is what you want.
    That would probably be the way I ought to go. Between the 12# hammer spring, deburring and NP3 on the trigger bar, hammer and other bits, my pet PX4 Subcompact is a handful in SA. I love my Subcompacts,* but once I get the DA where I want it, it seems like the SA has gone a bridge too far.

*The Rodney Dangerfields of the PX4 family- they get no respect.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Sweet news. USPS revised the ETA. Instead of Friday it’s out for delivery today! I’m not all stoked or anything like that at all. The patient is prepped and ready for the transplant.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List