Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OP Trigger Bar for the PX4

Mine arrived today and I quickly dropped it in my compact carry. Reset feels just as awesome as the 92 OP bar.

Should be able to get some range time in with it tomorrow. I will note that I have managed to short-stroke the factory px4 bar a handful of times, I don't see that being an issue anymore.

Well, this has put me over the edge on doing a PX4 Full size build. Let the spending begin!

Picked it up from the mailbox earlier this afternoon and completed the transplant. Finally got a chance to run out and test it with 50, (25 DA and 25 SA), rounds of Tula, steel case, 115gr FMJ and the 10# LTT hammer spring. The DA feels more more slick with the LTT Opto Perf Trigger Bar. Pretty sure the weight dropped some. Will need to vise up the pistol again and do a 10 pull average with the Lyman. The reset is now “pop!” right there and matches my 92A1 with the Opto Perf Trigger Bar. It’s as good as the best triggers I’ve stroked, reset-wise. Hell, it’s just the best all around. One more time I’m amazed with Ernest’s work and LTT’s stuff.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Picked it up from the mailbox earlier this afternoon and completed the transplant. Finally got a chance to run out and test it with 50, (25 DA and 25 SA), rounds of Tula, steel case, 115gr FMJ and the 10# LTT hammer spring. The DA feels more more slick with the LTT Opto Perf Trigger Bar. Pretty sure the weight dropped some. Will need to vise up the pistol again and do a 10 pull average with the Lyman. The reset is now “pop!” right there and matches my 92A1 with the Opto Perf Trigger Bar. It’s as good as the best triggers I’ve stroked, reset-wise. Hell, it’s just the best all around. One more time I’m amazed with Ernest’s work and LTT’s stuff.
    Have you noticed much difference in the overtravel?
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Have you noticed much difference in the overtravel?
    Yes, both over travel and reset reduced significantly. I originally planned on trying to measure both but I failed. I got all excited, swapped out the old one and got some rounds running through it as quick as I could.

Ran 3 boxes through it this morning. Is nice. Is very nice. It's even easier to shoot at speed than before.

Even with it's quirks, the px4 compact carry is just. so. shootable. I don't know what the magic is, but even with its mediocre grip texture the thing locks into my hands and shoots exactly where I look without effort.

I ordered mine today along with an np3 bobbed hammer and the 10# hammer spring. Can’t wait to get them installed.
    Now if Beretta repair center can hurry up and open, I can get my front sight fixed and be back in business.

Quote Originally Posted by learnerpermitted View Post
    I see this being a good option if you plan on competing with the PX4 but as a carry gun, the SA pull is kind of too light for me with the 11# spring. with the limited time at the range, one class, and local matches im starting to get comfortable with it. WITH a shorter reset, I would be a little concerned with accidentally pulling the trigger a second time following the recoil of an initial trigger pull. I would be even more concerned with letting a new shooter shoot my PX4CC with a 11# spring and OP bar because their finger control may not be up to par.

All this to say, I love my PX4CC with just an 11# spring and bicycle grip sleeve. It feels perfect for me.
    Nice, keep up on the practice and matches. Also, check out dry firing drills. All of those things that will help you get more experience and confidence as a shooter that will enable you to take advantage of these enhancements are well worthwhile. In the actual self defense world of pistol competition there is no 2nd place winners. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Thanks for the kind words and feedback.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Got my TJIB with OPTB Thursday evening. Been running a factory stock trigger group with 12# hammer spring , pretty much since I bought the pistol. Over 3,000 rounds but popping the hammers off of each trigger unit, shows where some of the best improvements come from. The stone work and polishing are definite improvements. My stock hammer/sear show uneven contact surfaces and roughness that contributed to creep and grit, when running the trigger slow.

After popping in the LTT parts, the benefits of the handwork, the coatings, and improved geometry of the trigger bar are easy to feel. Stayed with a 12# hammer spring.

I understand that the 92 hammer is used in this kit because it is what Beretta uses in the competition trigger group. With the reduced power springs, am I wrong in thinking a lighter hammer for increased hammer speed and decreased lock time could also be an improvement for ignition?

User Tag List