Thread: Gis for husky kids.

Gis for husky kids.

It looks like every size chart for every brand of gi shows a huge disparity, per size, in whom they say it will fit. I'm 6'6" and ~240 lbs, can any fellow giants offer some suggestions?

I’m normal sized but a few bigger guys at my gym swear by their Inverted Gear gis

Every gi is cut to a different pattern. While the IBJJF has a couple of guidelines, the general make is left up to each company, so you will have to carefully check the size chart for each brand.

You are on the border for most cuts. The gis tend to be cut bigger and wider for someone your height, so you will most likely have to compromise a bit. My strong suggestion is to get one that fits your height, and deal with a slight bit of looseness in fit as far as weight. It is far easier to roll and train in a looser gi than it is to wear a tight fitting one.

Your best bet is to probably go to a site like Fighter's Market that sells a lot of different brands and have a one stop comparison spot. And to reiterate what the above post said, for some reason, Inverted is one of the few that tends to make taller fitting gis, so be sure to look there. But even there, they tend to make them to fitter heavier guys.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Inverted is having a 30% off sale right now too. I have a pair of their A2L that I like but both have shrunk some over time.

Origin Maine has their Pro pants where you can order specific waist and inseam sizes. I am 6'5" and 300#, and roll with a bunch of really big dudes. The Origin gis work great and really hold up. Unfortunately their gis are temporarily unavailable due to the rona.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

User Tag List