Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Centurion vs. Langdon Full size

Langdon Centurion vs. Langdon Full size

Guys,

I have been playing with the idea of getting a Langdon for a while now. I have a 92G-SD that is my favorite gun ever (that's saying something). I guess the safe bet would be to get the full size but I was thinking about tgetting the Centuirions size I guess it is a little bit trimmer. I think I will need a new holster either way since all my Kydex is sized for the G-SD but I am sure both of them would work.

Any insights? I am going to order from EL himself since I want the trigger job and the Spartan sights.

What would you guys pick and why? And I am getting a 92 so don't suggest anything else! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Guys,

I have been playing with the idea of getting a Langdon for a while now. I have a 92G-SD that is my favorite gun ever (that's saying something). I guess the safe bet would be to get the full size but I was thinking about tgetting the Centuirions size I guess it is a little bit trimmer. I think I will need a new holster either way since all my Kydex is sized for the G-SD but I am sure both of them would work.

Any insights? I am going to order from EL himself since I want the trigger job and the Spartan sights.

What would you guys pick and why? And I am getting a 92 so don't suggest anything else! LOL
    On my scale, the full size LTT is one ounce heavier in weight, and obviously a bit longer in length. I thought I preferred the Centurion, by my testing shows I shoot better with the FS LTT. Either is a good choice.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If you do Glocks think of the Centurion as a 17 and the full size as a 17L, almost a 34

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Did you rule out the compact?

if you get a JMCK or 5 shot for a full-size you can run the smaller weapons in them as I know from personal experience.

Full size. I’ve done the Centurion against the full size several times and I shoot the full size better every single time I test it. Sometimes it’s not much difference, but it’s been there for years for me.

Now, if you wanna AIWB it or if you’re using it in a patrol car or something like that the shorter slide may be helpful enough to make it worth the trade.

I’ve been weighing the idea of a centurion very a compact for AIWB carry. Thing I keep coming back to is I would probably end up just carrying my PX4CC anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    If you do Glocks think of the Centurion as a 17 and the full size as a 17L, almost a 34
    Perhaps almost a G34, but a 17L is even longer.

What are you going to do with it?

Always, when buying a pistol think about what you may do with it. Just to have it is still good enough. Just to look at is also still good enough. I have both. Actually, I have all three, as I bought the compact also. I did get the trigger job done by LTT, and it is slightly better than the TJIAB, which I have on other 92 pistols. I did not get the sight upgrade, because I am happy with the stock sights. I did not get the carry bevel or NP3, as the only time the pistol cuts my hands up is in something like a 4 day class, and I'm satisfied with Bruniton.

The slightly shorter barrel and slide do mean something. A shorter sight radius. When sitting, a slightly lesser tendency for the muzzle/front of the slide to bottom out against the seat, and push the pistol and holster upwards. The slightly shorter barrel would mean slightly lower velocity, and perhaps more flash.

The LTT rail would be great for you if you want to have a light on it. The rail is actually a negative if you're carrying without a light, especially if you're carrying concealed, because I sense more friction drawing the LTTs than a non-railed 92 pistol.

How big a magazine do you need? The compact has a 15 (!) round magazine. The full size and Centurions have 18 round magazines. The motto of my family ought to be, "If some is good, more is better!" Does this mean anything to you?

I am 6'3", and I use the same holster for all railed 92 pistols, be they full size or Centurion length. If your wheelbase is shorter, that push-up effect when sitting may be critical and you may need a shorter pistol and holster if you sit a lot.

Someone at Wilson Combat recently commented that Bill Wilson prefers the Centurion because it cycles faster, but that's just one man's opinion (Bill's not mine). I'd love to hear what Ernest has to say. I've never done a side-by-side comparison between a full-size, Centurion, or compact, but I think people on here have the right idea (it depends). I carry appendix, so I would normally go with a Centurion; however, I am already carrying a PX4 Storm Compact which I absoluately love (especially with Langdon's new OP trigger bar to reduce the reset), so I think I'd rather get the full-size if it actually shoots more accurately. Ultimately, however, I'd love to have both, but if I didn't have a PX4, and I could only afford one, I'd get the Centurion.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Take this fwiw but a shot timer doesn’t show any difference between my railed 92s and non railed 92 in leather or kydex. Ommv.

Sorry to partially repeat, but I also think the 92c works just great with a full-size mag (as a reload).

Quote Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
    Always, when buying a pistol think about what you may do with it. Just to have it is still good enough. Just to look at is also still good enough. I have both. Actually, I have all three, as I bought the compact also. I did get the trigger job done by LTT, and it is slightly better than the TJIAB, which I have on other 92 pistols. I did not get the sight upgrade, because I am happy with the stock sights. I did not get the carry bevel or NP3, as the only time the pistol cuts my hands up is in something like a 4 day class, and I'm satisfied with Bruniton.

The slightly shorter barrel and slide do mean something. A shorter sight radius. When sitting, a slightly lesser tendency for the muzzle/front of the slide to bottom out against the seat, and push the pistol and holster upwards. The slightly shorter barrel would mean slightly lower velocity, and perhaps more flash.

The LTT rail would be great for you if you want to have a light on it. The rail is actually a negative if you're carrying without a light, especially if you're carrying concealed, because I sense more friction drawing the LTTs than a non-railed 92 pistol.

How big a magazine do you need? The compact has a 15 (!) round magazine. The full size and Centurions have 18 round magazines. The motto of my family ought to be, "If some is good, more is better!" Does this mean anything to you?

I am 6'3", and I use the same holster for all railed 92 pistols, be they full size or Centurion length. If your wheelbase is shorter, that push-up effect when sitting may be critical and you may need a shorter pistol and holster if you sit a lot.

Has anyone heard of any longevity differences between the two? (I haven't, I am just curious).

User Tag List