Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault weapons ban in Canada

Site Supporter

Assault weapons ban in Canada

National review has a article about Trudeau announcing an assault weapons ban, with little detail. I guess nobody should be surprised after the that nutcase in Nova Scotia.
    Anyone have more details?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...n-nova-scotia/

My sympathies for our neighbors to the north.

"dislike"
    #RESIST

I read somewhere that nine of the 22 people died of arson. Is he planning to ban fire?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Yeah, not my favourite day.

I fully intend to dig in and pursue court challenges. My goal is to delay until this government falls, which, as a minority government, it very well may.

Most aggravating of all, this was done through an Order in Council, which allows for certain types of regulatory changes without legislative process. The legislature is currently disrupted by the coronavirus restrictions, so this is very much being carried out behind closed doors.

Name:  swrpdpn6uzu31.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  58.2 KB

I don't have time to edit the flag, so just imagine a maple leaf.

Regulations Amending the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-Restricted: SOR/2020-96 May 1, 2020
    http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/...ors96-eng.html

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post

I fully intend to dig in and pursue court challenges. My goal is to delay until this government falls, which, as a minority government, it very well may.

Most aggravating of all, this was done through an Order in Council, which allows for certain types of regulatory changes without legislative process. The legislature is currently disrupted by the coronavirus restrictions, so this is very much being carried out behind closed doors.

Name:  swrpdpn6uzu31.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  58.2 KB

I wish you the best of luck!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Help me to understand Canadian rules of government - does the PM have the ability to simply decree a law or are gun rights in Canada eh on such a precarious perch that the PM can just draft up rules on his own similar to our EOs?

Sad day for Canada and proof that the tyrannical progressives will use any tragedy to advance their agenda.

Sorry to hear. But not unexpected, given Trudeau’s Party was re-elected in October.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post

Pardon my ignorance, I thought the cousins up north pretty much lost everything already. How is this different? Some "fun" guns were previously allowed?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, I thought the cousins up north pretty much lost everything already. How is this different? Some "fun" guns were previously allowed?
    Absolutely. In fact those floppy headed bastards could have things we couldn’t even get in the “free states” after the Bush Ban. Now even the humble Mini14 is banned. 😔

User Tag List