Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault weapons ban in Canada

@misanthropist would us joining the CCFR help?

https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    @misanthropist would us joining the CCFR help?

https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/
    After what we just went through here. I’d like to help in any way I can.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Thank you! Yes, I think any support like that would help. I have been trying to decide whether funds best go to the CCFR or the CSSA; the CCFR are more grassroots, the CSSA maybe better connected, but honestly after going around a lot of times I don't know what I think about that and maybe I'm not in any position to make that decision for anyone anyway.

I suspect an individual dollar goes further with the CCFR. They're more visibly active and have more of a volunteer base, I think. The CSSA is more of an "establishment" organization and I think they have a better organized legal wing so the individual dollars probably don't go as far, but they might go to more directly necessary projects...but that's hard to say.

Really, any support that we get right now is going to help. My money is going to both organizations and the only major political party in the country that's going to have a shot and reversing any of this. Their leadership convention is happening now, so I am trying to help put a worthwhile candidate in the driver's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Thank you! Yes, I think any support like that would help. I have been trying to decide whether funds best go to the CCFR or the CSSA; the CCFR are more grassroots, the CSSA maybe better connected, but honestly after going around a lot of times I don't know what I think about that and maybe I'm not in any position to make that decision for anyone anyway.

I suspect an individual dollar goes further with the CCFR. They're more visibly active and have more of a volunteer base, I think. The CSSA is more of an "establishment" organization and I think they have a better organized legal wing so the individual dollars probably don't go as far, but they might go to more directly necessary projects...but that's hard to say.

Really, any support that we get right now is going to help. My money is going to both organizations and the only major political party in the country that's going to have a shot and reversing any of this. Their leadership convention is happening now, so I am trying to help put a worthwhile candidate in the driver's seat.
    I'd be happy to buy a CCFR membership, but I figure that I'd just be an outsider "interfering" in Canadian politics. I see from the CCFR website that I can gift a membership. If you know a Canuck who legitimately can't afford one, I'd be happy to gift one. PM me if you know someone. (Unless you have an email address for Justin Trudeau...I could certainly gift him one...)

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post

Can you put up some links. We will trust your judgement, we can even allow refugee's south

I’d rather donate straight to whatever legal fund or group is gong to be challenging this than become a member. I think Misanthropist understands the aversion to being a joiner 🙂

But I’m not worried a bit about the interference in Canada’s politics part. Civil rights are human rights and if people can have concerts for Tibet I can donate to help defend the right to keep and bear arms of our closest allies and national “cousins” up north. Our founders merely annotated that right and pointed out that we were born with it.

Please keep us posted on what’s really happening and what we can do to help. The media kind of sucks

put this in COTM, but it probably belongs here

I'm thinking of the PM as Mr. Tisane from now on. He's just as inspirational.

"It's science!"

My condolences to our Canadian members.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Student
    http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/...f/g2-154x3.pdf
    They even named the one-off lowers.

(z.085) AR15.Com ARFCOM;
    (z.086) AR15.Com AR15.Com;

This is quite a mess. I lived up north in Canada for a number of years. Thank God I left when I did. The gun laws were atrocious even back then! I predict / hope for mass non compliance and legal challenges. I've got friends and some family still up there who are mighty pissed. The problem is a lot of the semi auto rifles are registered so the govt knows who's got them. Just another example in the long line of examples how registration leads to confiscation! Never register anything!

User Tag List