Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hydrogen peroxide?

hydrogen peroxide?

hi guys, does anyone know if hydrogen peroxide will damage the polymer of the glock frame?

Yes, in general, the polyamides (nylon is a trademark) are not resistant to hydrogen peroxide. I believe Glock uses a proprietary glass-filled version of polyamide 6 or 6.6, and the base family is not recommended for use with hydrogen peroxide.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSpear View Post
    hi guys, does anyone know if hydrogen peroxide will damage the polymer of the glock frame?
    Trying to get the blood off, eh?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

What the hell, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Trying to get the blood off, eh?
    LMAO! . no, nothing as cool as that, more like was using it as a household cleaner and possibly think I had a little on my hands when picking up the glock by the grip to move it.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Yes, in general, the polyamides (nylon is a trademark) are not resistant to hydrogen peroxide. I believe Glock uses a proprietary glass-filled version of polyamide 6 or 6.6, and the base family is not recommended for use with hydrogen peroxide.
    thanks for the reply farscott, i think i may had a little left on my hands when i picked up my glock , since i wasnt soaking it in the stuff or anything, im hoping it will be ok

LMAO! . no, nothing as cool as that, more like was using it as a household cleaner and possibly think I had a little on my hands when picking up the glock by the grip to move it.
    They are tough, I wouldn't overthink this.
    #RESIST

thanks for the reply farscott, i think i may had a little left on my hands when i picked up my glock , since i wasnt soaking it in the stuff or anything, im hoping it will be ok
    It should be fine. Many of the polyamides are hygroscopic, meaning they will absorb water even from the air. That being said, wiping down the frame with a damp rag will not cause an issue nor will using a Glock in the humid southeast. Neither should a bit of hydrogen peroxide.
    Last edited by farscott; 05-01-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    They are tough, I wouldn't overthink this.
    lol, yeah, i tend to baby my stuff.

@ShadowSpear

Have a look at this thread

May I suggest that "The Cleaner" might be more appropriate. Think Mr Wolf.

User Tag List