• 9mm HK

21 9.42%
  • Non-9mm HK

2 0.90%
  • Beretta 92-series

7 3.14%
  • Beretta PX4-series

11 4.93%
  • Large-Frame Revolver (N-Frame, Redhawk, etc)

1 0.45%
  • Medium-Frame Revolver (k-Frame, GP100, Colt Cobra, etc)

1 0.45%
  • Small Frame Revolver (J-Frame, LCR, Taurus 85)

27 12.11%
  • Other: Pistol

12 5.38%
  • Other: Revolver

1 0.45%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Data Collection Poll: Defensive Pistol Platforms You Carry

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    LTT 92C.

LCR.

I’m sure folks are astonished.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I would point out that "Double-Stack Glock 9mm", for instance, covers a lot of territory. I don't particularly think that my 10-shot G26 is anywhere near someone else's G17 from the standpoint of either capacity or daily effort. Similarly, it doesn't take into account the effect of magazine caps.

Not that I personally would carry anything with more butt on it, as the G26 is right at the outside edge of the low amount of effort I put in.

Other thought: how many folks, like me, have their choices skewed by the requirements of carry in their locale? Where I'm from, accidentally exposing your CCW can result in losing your carry, if not your handgun permit. Hence my choice of AIWB G26; it can only really get uncovered if I try hard. If accidental exposure carried less of a penalty, I might instead opt for OWB of something with more capacity or caliber. .40 or .45 USP Compact sounds intriguing as of late.
    While these are all valid points in their own right, they are all tangential to the goal of tracking trends in carry data here on P-F.

This is actually the third or fourth time we have conducted this poll in a general sense. Because of that I can pretty much tell you today, long before the poll closes that double-stack 9mm Glocks will “win”. If we broke them up by G26/19/17/34/19X/45/etc it would merely add choices to the poll in many respects. Because what you would find is probably 95% of Glock responders clicked Glock 19.

In terms broadly of polling data here on P-F far more interesting are trends and changes in the 2nd and 3rd place positions. Which at present are: 2nd(Tie)9mm HKs, Small Frame Revolvers; 3rd Beretta PX4. Both the HK and the Beretta are interesting results, because they are likely a general reflection of P-F trends and firearms advocated for or improved by P-F Subject Matter Experts; not trends broadly representative of the “average gun owner”.

One reason to run the poll now is the addition of the Glock 43X, Glock 48, and the Sig P365 to the market place. Last time we ran the poll, I believe we only had the G43 and maybe the earliest adopters of the G48. Regardless, I’m curious to see how the addition of models may change the 2nd and 3rd place positions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    LCR.

I’m sure folks are astonished.
    #MeToo

I should carry the Glock 48 more often, but the LCR just disappears in my waistband and I live the j-frame lifestyle by default.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Gotta admit - the number of PX4s already responded surprises me.

Either PX4s are really more common than I thought - or the PX4 dudes all come out at 8:30pm CST...
    BWAHAHAHA...

Though I usually carry the PX4, when I need something smaller it's the P99c. And sometimes it's an M&P45 w/thumb safety because I really like the platform (SFA w/safety) and the examples I have are in .45 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I was surprised last summer at how easy my Colt Commander 9mm was to carry IWB, so that's now the default.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It’s certainly easier to carry a J frame, but the commander is by far the easiest service pistol to carry.
    The M&P 2.0c has been pretty constant for a while, but if pack on just a couple more quarantine pounds I might have to change my vote to 1911.

Other:Pistol

Every waking hour of the day I'm wearing pants (I wear pants most of the time I'm not in bed);

The lock-down/quarantine/COVIDity is affecting things, substantially. Being without training opportunities* means a shift away from Glocks, especially, as that Glock-y neither-fish-nor-fowl trigger requires the most training to maintain competence. My Nineteen-Elevening skill level is less-perishable, than my Glocking, but I think I am being driven more firmly into revolving pistols.

I am considering a couple of “old man gun” solutions, among auto-loaders, as my aging right thumb/hand/wrist get worse, but, again, being unable to shoot would delay function-testing of new weapons.

So, my answer will probably be one of the revolver categories. I will delay, until nearer the end of the polling time, as things may settle, a bit more, into one or the other of the revolver categories.

*Even with things starting to re-open, we are still tending to isolate/cover, as my wife has a health condition that makes her most-vulnerable, in the event of a COVID exposure, and I am not without my own underlying health issue.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Sooo, I'm the ONLY person carrying an STI 2011?
    Awkward......
    I feel like I need to be held.
    Social distancing, dude. Stay the fuck away.

Name:  stay the fuck away.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  27.3 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

P227 on-duty
    M&P Shield 9 off

I'm impatiently waiting for the department to change the issued pistol in selfish hopes of standardizing to one platform.

User Tag List