• 9mm HK

21 9.42%
  • Non-9mm HK

2 0.90%
  • Beretta 92-series

7 3.14%
  • Beretta PX4-series

11 4.93%
  • Large-Frame Revolver (N-Frame, Redhawk, etc)

1 0.45%
  • Medium-Frame Revolver (k-Frame, GP100, Colt Cobra, etc)

1 0.45%
  • Small Frame Revolver (J-Frame, LCR, Taurus 85)

27 12.11%
  • Other: Pistol

12 5.38%
  • Other: Revolver

1 0.45%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Data Collection Poll: Defensive Pistol Platforms You Carry

Data Collection Poll: Defensive Pistol Platforms You Carry

Curious as to what folks actually are using these days. Select the truthful answer of the firearm platform/model that you carry THE most.

If you’re tied because you carry a primary and back-up - give us the PRIMARY. Example: If you carry a G19 and a J-Frame everyday - Tell us Glock 19. However, if it’s mostly J-Frame and the G19 comes out on the weekends, select J-frame.

No need to respond directly to this thread. FYI; who selects what answer is not data available to me, nor do I want it or intend to collect it. Further, the data from this poll will only be disseminated and/or used on P-F.

You might ask yourself, “Why do this?” - If you’re new to P-F (i.e., you’ve joined us in the last 2-3 years), you may not realize P-F has a tradition of trying to generate and understand data and patterns. We’re not attempting anything nefarious here, merely looking at the trends in P-F members who respond to this poll. Such data might be used to help us inform certain discussions or prompt certain kinds of threads.

If in the end you feel uncomfortable answering the poll, don’t answer it.

If your specific choice is not present, select “Other”. You can tell us in a post, IF YOU WANT TO, but “others” will be grouped together in the final analysis.

-

Because responses are not necessary, I’ll probably bump this thread every few days for ~2 weeks.

Glock 17 G4 with RMR06.

I’m not seeing a poll. It’s a G19 again though.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Voted.
    Of course, you already knew, STI Staccato C
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Glock 34 Gen 5.

I was so reluctant to buy one. I owned five different Glock models - two different generation 26 and 19’s.

I finally bought one once the slide was enclosed, the front lip was right, it had serrations, cut for a RDS, and I like the finish of the new Gen 5’s.

I’m very impressed. I might change the sights, but other then that - I’m extremely happy and I carry it all the time. I carried it today with the baby in a stroller for a walk in the neighborhood.

I never could get comfortable with the other models. Carrying a 34 AIWB - didn’t see that being what would win my heart.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Beretta PX4CC
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

ATF hacked Robs account... ITS A TRAP!

Site Supporter
    Its really a coin toss between the G19 and the J frame and is typically driven by attire/environment.

My answer hasn't changed since the last time someone else ran a similar poll (IIRC it was Nephrology - there were fancy pie charts) - I'm still carrying a Walther P99c AS 9mm. For that matter, my answer hasn't changed in the entire time I've been a member of this forum; I'm not much of a gun switcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    ATF hacked Robs account... ITS A TRAP!
    The black drones are already here. My dog heard them last night. They only come at night.

Maybe Rob works for the ATF.

J frame. I never go anywhere where I would actually have to shoot someone. If I did they got way too close.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-30-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List