Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Love of Plinking

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    It is actually am exacting copy of the Jägerschaftspistole made for a competition shot by German hunters where the gun was required to have a manual safety and be drawn from concealment.
    You know, this is the first time I've heard of such a sport. Sounds interesting! Do you happen to have any further information on it?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

So, a bit of googling revealed that unfortunately Jägerschaft seems to have been a shooting competition in the Nazi Germany era hunter's association, which means that

a) there is unlikely to be much interest in this type of competition today, and
    b) there are unlikely to be easily accessed information on the rules and such of said competition.

Fucking Nazis, ruining everything...
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

The urge to build or otherwise modify another MKIV or to pick up a HS 106/107 as a project is strong right now so…
    Name:  52C92D41-C6D2-46ED-ACDC-348E1F08B3FC.jpeg
Views: 713
Size:  45.3 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The urge to build or otherwise modify another MKIV or to pick up a HS 106/107 as a project is strong right now so…
    Name:  52C92D41-C6D2-46ED-ACDC-348E1F08B3FC.jpeg
Views: 713
Size:  45.3 KB
    Not to entice you further but Volquartsen is selling some take off Mk4 receiveers for cheap right now.

https://volquartsen.com/clearance

I got their model listed as "Most Popular without sights" on that page which is a regular receiver they thread and shorten.

The beauty of the Mk4 is it's so easy to swap the receivers that I now have this one with a red dot and my factory one with sights.

Name:  PXL_20211218_212105091.NIGHT.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  96.1 KB

LCR22 with bootgrips.... fun little plinker
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Not to entice you further but Volquartsen is selling some take off Mk4 receiveers for cheap right now.
    Yeah, the VQ clearance page and I have met before…🤣. A back burner project is to catch a blem 4.5” Black Mamba upper on clearance then stuff my other 22/45 frame full of their guts. They had 3 over the holiday weekend but I’m still in fun fund replenishment mode so it may be a while.

The other project is a solid but inexpensive HS 106/107 (maybe even *gasp* an East Hartford 107) as a base for an LSP barrel and optic mount so I don’t have to play build a bear with my really nice 107.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  5B25E741-D7C8-40F6-9206-D4670F74A61D.jpeg
Views: 549
Size:  56.7 KB

The Volquartsen store on eBay sent me (and the other eleventy-billion people that follow the store I’m sure) a discount offer on the MKIV 22/45 accurizing kits so I’ve got one on the way and I threw a MKI recoil assembly into the cart as well for good measure since I’m not sure if my Bicentennial Standard has ever seen any maintenance.

I’ll install the MKIV kit into a stock lower then compare it to the Apex kit in my red Lite and then against the Kraken lower when it arrives.

Question for anyone that’s had a 5.5” Mark IV Target 22/45 and Hunter: Do the flutes on the Hunter lessen the nose heavy feeling the Target has?

Upgraded Ruger MK IV Bolt on clearance at Volquartsen. I ordered two for future projects.

@AzShooter

Ran across these this morning while looking for other stuff and thought others would find them interesting or at least pretty neat.

User Tag List