Thread: Remington "Range" ammo?

Remington "Range" ammo?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this stuff. Specifically 9mm 115 gr. I've only ever see UMC as Remington range fodder and IMHO it's not the greatest. Wondering if the "range" designation is any different as far as how clean it shoots, velocity etc...

Anyone?

Range ammo vs. Hunting or Target or SD ammo. Range ammo is usually less expensive ball ammo. UMC is just fine, though I prefer Win white box because I like the brass more.

Quote Originally Posted by j.d.allen View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this stuff. Specifically 9mm 115 gr. I've only ever see UMC as Remington range fodder and IMHO it's not the greatest. Wondering if the "range" designation is any different as far as how clean it shoots, velocity etc...

Anyone?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    In 9mm, I'll take UMC over WWB every day and twice on Sunday because WWB brass is the worst, IME.

Targetsportsusa.com's description for Remington Range 9mm is all about UMC.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I saw it in Academy recently, and wonder if it's really any different than UMC, which I have shot the crap out of and get along well with.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    I saw it in Academy recently, and wonder if it's really any different than UMC, which I have shot the crap out of and get along well with.
    This is kind of what I was asking. I've seen UMC of course, but never seen this stuff. Oh well, guess I'll just try it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by j.d.allen View Post
    This is kind of what I was asking. I've seen UMC of course, but never seen this stuff. Oh well, guess I'll just try it.
    Oh, i get it! I'd have bought it rather than UMC, but the cost per round was significantly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Oh, i get it! I'd have bought it rather than UMC, but the cost per round was significantly higher.
    Yeah well hopefully that means it's higher quality. I bought 400 rounds at about .25 per. We'll see I guess.

I stay with Lawman or American Eagle for range work.

User Tag List